Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   U.S President: Donald Trump (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704412)

Ignitionnet 14-10-2017 17:40

Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Regarding Trump having a point regarding Iran: https://twitter.com/foreignoffice/st...06209234800640

No-one said the Iran nuclear deal was perfect but it's doing what it says on the tin.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/d...united-kingdom

Quote:

Joint statement from Prime Minister Theresa May, Chancellor Angela Merkel and President Emmanuel Macron following President Trump’s statement on the US’ Iran Strategy.

We, the Leaders of France, Germany and the United Kingdom take note of President Trump’s decision not to recertify Iran’s compliance with the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action to Congress and are concerned by the possible implications.

We stand committed to the JCPoA and its full implementation by all sides. Preserving the JCPoA is in our shared national security interest. The nuclear deal was the culmination of 13 years of diplomacy and was a major step towards ensuring that Iran’s nuclear programme is not diverted for military purposes. The JCPoA was unanimously endorsed by the UN Security Council in Resolution 2231. The International Atomic Energy Agency has repeatedly confirmed Iran’s compliance with the JCPoA through its long-term verification and monitoring programme. Therefore, we encourage the US Administration and Congress to consider the implications to the security of the US and its allies before taking any steps that might undermine the JCPoA, such as re-imposing sanctions on Iran lifted under the agreement.

Osem 14-10-2017 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35920135)
Yes. Clinton didn't just have an affair but in doing so abused his power. It needs to be called out at every level.

It won't be with people like him (e.g. JFK). They have too many powerful friends and it's done nothing to harm Clinton's career. His wife's handling of the matter from day one wasn't much better.

Damien 15-10-2017 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35920208)
It won't be with people like him (e.g. JFK). They have too many powerful friends and it's done nothing to harm Clinton's career. His wife's handling of the matter from day one wasn't much better.

Well with Clinton it was, even if in the end people were angered at the lie more than the affair.

Mick 15-10-2017 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35920215)
Well with Clinton it was, even if in the end people were angered at the lie more than the affair.

They can’t be that angered with Bill, the amount of money the Clintons have amassed from paid for speeches over the years, is well over $100 Million.

Damien 15-10-2017 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35920227)
They can’t be that angered with Bill, the amount of money the Clintons have amassed from paid for speeches over the years, is well over $100 Million.

People are selectively angry depending on their biases I guess. Look at the anger directed at it by Fox whose who anchors have been pulled off the air for such accusations and Trump has such allegations against him too.

I mean to be clear what he was accused off doesn't come close to Weinstein and the latter got to work in Hollywood for decades. Polanski still gets big budgets and actors and he was convicted, then ran away, of child abuse charges! It's a joke.

Osem 15-10-2017 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35920227)

Yeah it makes you laugh that a football manager/pundit who makes a thoughtless 'racist' or 'sexist' comment can have their entire career ruined yet Bill Clinton carries on regardless having acted appallingly when in office and lied about it. There's very little public outrage evident from their bank balance.

heero_yuy 15-10-2017 15:50

The Brussels Broadcasting Corporation are just lapping up Clinton's anti Brexit diatribe. :rolleyes:

Osem 15-10-2017 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35920247)
The Brussels Broadcasting Corporation are just lapping up Clinton's anti Brexit diatribe. :rolleyes:

Yeah but they're entirely unbiased remember. :rofl:

papa smurf 15-10-2017 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35920247)

was that the old woman on Andrew marr this morning . i thought she was just some random nut job they had found .

Damien 15-10-2017 16:42

Having Hilary Clinton on news programmes is perfectly legitimate. She was a Presidential candidate, former Secretary of State, Senator and First Lady. Given that they're also going to ask her about Brexit. The Andrew Marr program also had Chris Grayling w ho campaigned for Leave and the chairman of the campaign group 'Leave means Leave'. Even The Express, hardly a Remain paper, seemed to be happy with Marr's handling of Clinton: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/866...ew-Brexit-news

It's getting really tiresome that, the moment someone expresses an opinion against Brexit, it's 'biased'.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35920246)
Yeah it makes you laugh that a football manager/pundit who makes a thoughtless 'racist' or 'sexist' comment can have their entire career ruined yet Bill Clinton carries on regardless having acted appallingly when in office and lied about it. There's very little public outrage evident from their bank balance.

And Trump made sexist comments as well as having similar sexual assault allegations against him. Like Clinton he settled at least one of those out of court. There is a long history of comments and allegations as well : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...rth_.281992.29 and he was elected President!

Mick 15-10-2017 17:26

I got it, Hillary is over here promoting her book, which let's face it, I cannot see any one in the UK giving a real toss about, I think she is here, because she wants to be the President of the United Kingdom. :erm:

Changing the subject slightly. This clip of President Obama reading a mean tweet from Trump and Obama's subsequent response to it, has not aged well.

heero_yuy 15-10-2017 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35920250)
was that the old woman on Andrew marr this morning . i thought she was just some random nut job they had found .

You're not wrong. :D

papa smurf 15-10-2017 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35920262)
I got it, Hillary is over here promoting her book, which let's face it, I cannot see any one in the UK giving a real toss about, I think she is here, because she wants to be the President of the United Kingdom. :erm:

Changing the subject slightly. This clip of President Obama reading a mean tweet from Trump and Obama's subsequent response to it, has not aged well.

yes i think it's called trump won who can i blame

Osem 15-10-2017 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35920253)
Having Hilary Clinton on news programmes is perfectly legitimate. She was a Presidential candidate, former Secretary of State, Senator and First Lady. Given that they're also going to ask her about Brexit. The Andrew Marr program also had Chris Grayling w ho campaigned for Leave and the chairman of the campaign group 'Leave means Leave'. Even The Express, hardly a Remain paper, seemed to be happy with Marr's handling of Clinton: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/866...ew-Brexit-news

It's getting really tiresome that, the moment someone expresses an opinion against Brexit, it's 'biased'.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

And Trump made sexist comments as well as having similar sexual assault allegations against him. Like Clinton he settled at least one of those out of court. There is a long history of comments and allegations as well : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...rth_.281992.29 and he was elected President!

Who said everyone's anti-Brexit opinion is down to bias? We're referring to the BBC here not everyone. What's getting really tiresome is that when someone calls out the BBC's renowned left/pro-EU bias it gets turned into something else. The BBC is infested with pro-EU left leaning people. There's no doubt about that and never has been. That's a fact.

1andrew1 16-10-2017 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35920265)
Who said everyone's anti-Brexit opinion is down to bias? We're referring to the BBC here not everyone. What's getting really tiresome is that when someone calls out the BBC's renowned left/pro-EU bias it gets turned into something else. The BBC is infested with pro-EU left leaning people. There's no doubt about that and never has been. That's a fact.

The BBC - Brexit Broadcasting Corporation - was called out for pro-Brexit bias in its coverage leading up to the referendum. That's a fact not an opinion. But we're in danger of going off-topic so I'll leave it there.