Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   June 8th General Election (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704776)

pip08456 26-04-2017 01:52

Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Flex (Post 35896314)
I wouldn't put it past her to resign if she doesn't end up with a big enough majority.

I can't see her having that problem.

papa smurf 26-04-2017 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Flex (Post 35896314)
I wouldn't put it past her to resign if she doesn't end up with a big enough majority.

we could end up with bozzer as pm :cleader:

heero_yuy 26-04-2017 11:35

Quote:

Jeremy Corbyn’s frontbenchers are planning to hide in their constituencies and leave the left-winger to fight the election alone.

Nearly all shadow cabinet ministers have safe Labour seats so would normally spare time to help with the party’s national campaign.

But sources close to top shadow ministers say they are reluctant to campaign for their unpopular leader.

They are resigned to being hammered on polling day and want to avoid the humiliation of campaigning for the hard-left leader.

A leading Shadow Cabinet source told The Sun: “We plan to hide in our constituencies and leave Jeremy alone with the national campaign.”
Source

So they've hung Jezzer out to dry then. :D

papa smurf 26-04-2017 11:56

1 Attachment(s)
Farron gets warning from head office ;)

Kursk 26-04-2017 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35896349)
Farron gets warning from head office ;)

A man who doesn't have the conviction of his faith is an abomination. Judas Farron cannot be trusted. He should have affirmed his belief and hang the consequences.

Damien 26-04-2017 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35896350)
A man who doesn't have the conviction of his faith is an abomination. Judas Farron cannot be trusted. He should have affirmed his belief and hang the consequences.

You can have your own beliefs and also choose not to impose them on others. Sort of the point of being a liberal no?

papa smurf 26-04-2017 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35896350)

a man who repeatedly dodged the question and now to save his political career say's through gritted teeth he has no problem - bloody liar :td: homophobia is an ugly trait and not one a leader should nurture .

Kursk 26-04-2017 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35896351)
You can have your own beliefs and also choose not to impose them on others. Sort of the point of being a liberal no?

Of course, but he has now pronounced publicly in contradiction of his faith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35896352)
a man who repeatedly dodged the question and now to save his political career say's through gritted teeth he has no problem - bloody liar :td: homophobia is an ugly trait and not one a leader should nurture .

Votes before anything. Shameful.

papa smurf 26-04-2017 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35896353)
Of course, but he has now pronounced publicly in contradiction of his faith.

Votes before anything. Shameful.

homophobia now to top it off antisemitism

EXCLUSIVE: Lib Dems forced to suspend election candidate who compared Israeli prime minister to HITLER on Facebook and claimed Tory and Labour run by 'Zionist paymasters'

Ashuk Ahmed, 51 – who was given an award at the House of Lords for 'inspirational role models for British Muslims' – will no longer contest the seat, a Liberal Democrat spokesman confirmed.
Mr Ahmed posted a series of posts comparing Jews to Nazis, suggesting that Zionists controlled 'half the world' and claiming that Labour and the Conservatives were controlled by 'Zionist paymasters

there's a bad smell coming from this party

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4fM8pGaxM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Kursk 26-04-2017 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35896354)
homophobia now to top it off antisemitism

EXCLUSIVE: Lib Dems forced to suspend election candidate who compared Israeli prime minister to HITLER on Facebook and claimed Tory and Labour run by 'Zionist paymasters'

Ashuk Ahmed, 51 – who was given an award at the House of Lords for 'inspirational role models for British Muslims' – will no longer contest the seat, a Liberal Democrat spokesman confirmed.
Mr Ahmed posted a series of posts comparing Jews to Nazis, suggesting that Zionists controlled 'half the world' and claiming that Labour and the Conservatives were controlled by 'Zionist paymasters

there's a bad smell coming from this party

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4fM8pGaxM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh dear.

I can't undertand why Farron didn't just state the Christian teaching and add that all men/women are gifted with free will. It would have covered his belief but left choices open to others (whose votes he seems so keen to attract).

papa smurf 26-04-2017 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35896356)
Oh dear.

I can't undertand why Farron didn't just state the Christian teaching and add that all men/women are gifted with free will. It would have covered his belief but left choices open to others (whose votes he seems so keen to attract).

it's just shameful that British politics has sunk to this level ,how anyone can vote for this lot is beyond me .

Kursk 26-04-2017 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35896357)
it's just shameful that British politics has sunk to this level ,how anyone can vote for this lot is beyond me .

It's a social service for the ditherers.

Damien 26-04-2017 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35896356)
Oh dear.

He didn't want the question to open up I think. Now he's going to get it all: abortion, creationism, role of women etc. Naive of him to think this wouldn't be an issue when he took the leadership.

papa smurf 26-04-2017 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35896358)
It's a social service for the ditherers.

why are liberal democrats allowing people like this to taint the party ? it's very damaging to their image .

Kursk 26-04-2017 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35896360)
He didn't want the question to open up I think. Now he's going to get it all: abortion, creationism, role of women etc. Naive of him to think this wouldn't be an issue when he took the leadership.

For sure. But we all know you get what's thrown at you; he should have too. I think a Clegg-style "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" must be in the offing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35896361)
why are liberal democrats allowing people like this to taint the party ? it's very damaging to their image .

Their goose is cooked.
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2017/04/2.jpg