Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33681519)

Andrewcrawford23 05-01-2012 18:15

Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

ok apart from masque who else on these forums are from liverpool losing there jobs, i always thought the liverpool call centre was owned by virign and was the best

Nopanic 05-01-2012 18:31

DF too :(

Peter_ 05-01-2012 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 (Post 35355468)
ok apart from masque who else on these forums are from liverpool losing there jobs, i always thought the liverpool call centre was owned by virign and was the best

No the building is leased and it is up in a few months, on here just DF and myself but if you go to the community forum all of the forum teams are Liverpool based apart from the ADSL guys so they are losing their jobs as well.

I doubt anyone will be stupid enough to commit themselves to going down and working in Swansea for a minimum of 2 years on less wages and worse hours, but the may be the odd one who does not look into it properly and will blindly apply.

The are plenty of call centre jobs locally available if they want to stay in this line of work.

Sephiroth 05-01-2012 20:13

On a side note, AFAIK, AP is owned by the same people that own Yodel (a couple of floors up).

Peter_ 05-01-2012 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 35355542)
On a side note, AFAIK, AP is owned by the same people that own Yodel (a couple of floors up).

It is CBRE Richard Ellis who are the landlords Yodel came in after we vacated floor 3 and 4, they are on the 3rd floor at present.

Chad 11-01-2012 23:49

I just hope our Cable Forum friends based at Albert Dock are able to find a new jobs as soon as possible, doing something they enjoy.

I truly feel sorry for all effected. Redundancy is terrible, but often leads to exciting opportunities.

Best wishes at this difficult time.

Peter_ 12-01-2012 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35359879)
I just hope our Cable Forum friends based at Albert Dock are able to find a new jobs as soon as possible, doing something they enjoy.

I truly feel sorry for all effected. Redundancy is terrible, but often leads to exciting opportunities.

The are many jobs locally offering similar work, I rather doubt anyone will be daft enough to move to Swansea as that will entail a minimum 2 year contract term to gain any so called benefit from the move plus the salary and terms and conditions are nowhere near what they presently enjoy.

Nice one.

Digital Fanatic 12-01-2012 09:53

Quote:

Thanks Chad :tu:

RichardCoulter 14-01-2012 15:10

Quote:

What a refreshing, upbeat and positive post :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35359920)
The are many jobs locally offering similar work, I rather doubt anyone will be daft enough to move to Swansea as that will entail a minimum 2 year contract term to gain any so called benefit from the move plus the salary and terms and conditions are nowhere near what they presently enjoy.

Nice one.

Whilst this is good news for the staff affected, it does make one wonder why there is so much unemployment in Liverpool if this is the case.

When does the VM presence at Albert Dock actually cease for good?

Peter_ 14-01-2012 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35362072)

Whilst this is good news for the staff affected, it does make one wonder why there is so much unemployment in Liverpool if this is the case.

When does the VM presence at Albert Dock actually cease for good?

Closing date around April it may be dependent on how many staff are left as the must be a minimum requirement to viably open the centre.

The are plenty of jobs in the Liverpool and surrounding area and some less than half a mile from the Albert Dock, the is about the same amount of unemployment here as elsewhere in the country.

Chrysalis 15-01-2012 12:59

although I have had various debates on here with VM staff, I dont feel good about any of them losing their jobs, so I am letting that be known, and also did sign a petition for preserving the jobs as well.

Peter_ 15-01-2012 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 35362539)
although I have had various debates on here with VM staff, I dont feel good about any of them losing their jobs, so I am letting that be known, and also did sign a petition for preserving the jobs as well.

Thank you much appreciated.:)

Digital Fanatic 15-01-2012 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 35362539)

Thank you :)

thenry 15-01-2012 23:09

sorry to hear your loosing your jobs guys and girls. just adds to depressing thoughts with me trying to find one! hope you all get sorted asap.

Digital Fanatic 16-01-2012 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35363012)
sorry to hear your loosing your jobs guys and girls. just adds to depressing thoughts with me trying to find one! hope you all get sorted asap.

Cheers, you too :)