Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33670455)

pythagoras 04-02-2011 21:12

Re: TiVo

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35167235)
Thanks.

Unless taking the new VIP TIVO pack includes something like free install of TIVO, then would already having the TIVO make a difference to going to the VIP TIVO pack?

Maybe this is the reason for the delay to releasing TIVO to non S1 customers --- all pricing options need to be anounced, so people know all the options available? Only new customer prices have been officially anounced as far as I'm aware.

Thats my take on the situation too and would explain the lack of calls to non s1 tivo customers.

Regards

John.

passingbat 04-02-2011 21:12

Being ever the optomist, will the TIVO team be calling people over the weekend --- Saturday, sunday, or both?

Thanks

TonyHoyle 04-02-2011 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35167262)
They should not be getting multiple calls as the will be notes on the account so the agents are not doing their jobs correctly if that has happened.

Have a look at tivocommunity.org - this appears common, and a source of much frustration.

Some quotes:

"I got two calls inside of an hour (possibly as I signed up for the offer, here and via VM, so probably got on two lists) - from two different people, so there are at *least* two

Scarily the 2nd guy didn't seem to have checked the system to show I had an order already placed...."

"Guy who rang me twice yesterday on 2 numbers (same bloke) was quite frustrated that his list wasn't postcode checked (no cable service) and hadn't been deduped (calling me twice)."

"Just this minute had a second phone call to say "As I was a previous S1 owner I would be offered a good deal" - but as he was just about to tell me what the deal was he realised that I had already been phoned from the other list!"

That was just 30 seconds searching..

Peter_ 04-02-2011 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyHoyle (Post 35167268)
Have a look at tivocommunity.org - this appears common, and a source of much frustration.

Some quotes:

"I got two calls inside of an hour (possibly as I signed up for the offer, here and via VM, so probably got on two lists) - from two different people, so there are at *least* two

Scarily the 2nd guy didn't seem to have checked the system to show I had an order already placed...."

"Guy who rang me twice yesterday on 2 numbers (same bloke) was quite frustrated that his list wasn't postcode checked (no cable service) and hadn't been deduped (calling me twice)."

"Just this minute had a second phone call to say "As I was a previous S1 owner I would be offered a good deal" - but as he was just about to tell me what the deal was he realised that I had already been phoned from the other list!"

That was just 30 seconds searching..

I believe you but it should not happen.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...011/02/109.jpg

ozsat 04-02-2011 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35167265)
Being ever the optomist, will the TIVO team be calling people over the weekend --- Saturday, sunday, or both?

Thanks

Not sure if it matters - but I think TiVo CS is closed on Sunday due to computer work

Peter_ 04-02-2011 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 35167271)
Not sure if it matters - but I think TiVo CS is closed on Sunday due to computer work

It tells you on the IVR when you ring in that all Customer Services are closed on Sunday due to upgrade work on their systems and to callback on Monday.

Technical Support is open for business as usual though.

BenMcr 04-02-2011 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35167273)
Technical Support is open for business as usual though.

They are affected too though as they have no main system access, same as everyone else.

Peter_ 04-02-2011 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35167282)
They are affected too though as they have no main system access, same as everyone else.

We are not in Sunday so was only made aware of Customer Services, so we will be busy on Monday morning.;)

tweetiepooh 04-02-2011 23:12

My TiVo was installed today. Takes some time but the techie (Mark) was excellent and the install includes some training. It is black and no front display, just some coloured LEDs. My V+ was quite noisy this is silent, even when running. The remote is very different too. Need to get used to a very different layout.

There are some issues that I've fed back but this may be partly due to my TV which is not HD (28" CRT Sony). Looking forward to more playing. Kids know how to vote their shows.

It is quite different to the V/V+ EPG and will take some getting used to. Want the 3rd tuner turned on.

AFAIK I've not signed any NDA but I'll keep the negatives to myself for now. This will give the developers time to get more fixes out.

Joedm45 05-02-2011 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 35167356)
My TiVo was installed today. Takes some time but the techie (Mark) was excellent and the install includes some training. It is black and no front display, just some coloured LEDs. My V+ was quite noisy this is silent, even when running. The remote is very different too. Need to get used to a very different layout.

There are some issues that I've fed back but this may be partly due to my TV which is not HD (28" CRT Sony). Looking forward to more playing. Kids know how to vote their shows.

It is quite different to the V/V+ EPG and will take some getting used to. Want the 3rd tuner turned on.

AFAIK I've not signed any NDA but I'll keep the negatives to myself for now. This will give the developers time to get more fixes out.

Quick question for you if you don't mind. With only two tuners at present, how does TiVo deal with consecutive recordings? I'm assuming you are stuck watching one of the channels in the time between the first finishing and the second starting. Or is it clever enough to stop recording as soon as the show is finished so keeps padding down to a minimum?

This is the only thing putting me off ordering if I get the call, that 3rd tuner helps so much.

Thanks in advance

denphone 05-02-2011 12:05

Well l am still waiting, how long does it take for paint to dry.

WillPS 05-02-2011 14:59

I don't think this thread is good for anybody's health. Especially since there's a couple of members who's only contribution seems to be 'ner-ner-ne-ner-ner'.

muppetman11 05-02-2011 15:18

Total disaster from launch ie

Nobody knows concrete prices.
No logical method gone into pre orders
Non VM customers have had one before existing customers (who cares if there x series 1 customers this is a VM product.)

WillPS 05-02-2011 15:25

In a way though, they have you over a barrel. You want TiVo, they know that - so you're not going to defect to Sky since they don't have TiVo.

They're still getting revenue from you.

They have, whilst making you wait, opened up some new revenue streams from non-VM S1 owners.

If I were you, I'd e-mail the CEO's office and just tell them how you feel and that unless you get a call within a reasonable amount of time offering you TiVo you'll take your business to Sky.

Firmsky 05-02-2011 15:25

If you check the VM offical forum some people are reporting that they have received a TiVo remote through the post with instructions how to get their free TiVo box installed for free! One didn't either register an interest in TiVo! Some people are suggesting it's for VIP customers but I haven't received one!

Can any VM employees shed any light on this?