Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

Hugh 24-11-2010 09:10

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35126855)
it doesn't do divx, does it?

Unfortunately, no - however, there are lots of free conversion programmes out there, and on a 22" TV with upscaling, any loss of quality is (imho) negligible.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35126871)
You kidding? This is Apple..

Having said that, you can now get VLC on the iPad, which will play divx (legally).

Stuart 24-11-2010 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35126873)
[/COLOR]Having said that, you can now get VLC on the iPad, which will play divx (legally).

True, but while Apple did allow VLC, they didn't make it.

Hugh 24-11-2010 09:21

Agreed...

Hugh 24-11-2010 13:48

Managed to get my daughter some floor tickets for the Glee Tour concert in Manchester next June - I'll tell her tonight, and make it an extra birthday surprise.

I am sure her squeal of delight will be heard a couple of miles away (she's 23, btw, but a real Gleek)....:D

Stuart 24-11-2010 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35126803)
Just fitted Apple TV to the bedroom TV, streaming programmes over wifi from iTunes on the home PC - never been a big Apple fan, but it just works.

Excellent picture quality, good sound, no lag - I'm impressed......

Not sure if this'll help you, but apparently if you don't like the apple remote, you can teach the Apple TV to use another one.

Fingy 25-11-2010 00:35

My eldest (strange calling a 2 year old that) had his hearing test today which was arranged as part of his autism diagnosis.

My suspicions were confirmed, he has perfected male selective hearing at this young age and there is actually damn all wrong with his hearing, yay! :D

Cobbydaler 25-11-2010 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingy (Post 35127282)
My eldest (strange calling a 2 year old that) had his hearing test today which was arranged as part of his autism diagnosis.

My suspicions were confirmed, he has perfected male selective hearing at this young age and there is actually damn all wrong with his hearing, yay! :D

Good to hear that... :)

Peter_ 25-11-2010 06:42

Quote:

That is something I have never heard of Male Selective Hearing.;)

Does he have an ideal role model in his father.

Did you say something?:D

Tinky 25-11-2010 07:49

Quote:

Phew! That's a relief Fingy. :)

joglynne 25-11-2010 13:15

Quote:

Great news Fingy, at least with the gender based selective hearing being recognised early and you will be able to nip it in the bud before it takes full hold.

If only this condition, shared by so many men, had been picked up when they were young enough for corrective conditioning to have been a viable proposition we women wouldn't have to repeat ourselves so often. :)

Seriously though establishing his good hearing must be very welcome news. :)

Peter_ 25-11-2010 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35127410)
Great news Fingy, at least with the gender based selective hearing being recognised early and you will be able to nip it in the bud before it takes full hold.

If only this condition, shared by so many men, had been picked up when they were young enough for corrective conditioning to have been a viable proposition we women wouldn't have to repeat ourselves so often.

Sorry, sorry I failed to take in any of that could you please repost it.:D

joglynne 25-11-2010 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35127423)
Sorry, sorry I failed to take in any of that could you please repost it.:D

here you go ........

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35127410)

If only this condition, shared by so many men, had been picked up when they were young enough for corrective conditioning to have been a viable proposition we women wouldn't have to repeat ourselves so often. :)

Seriously though establishing his good hearing must be very welcome news. :)

..... though in the case of the older male hearing loss can be a expected sign of old age creeping up, so any time you need one of us ladies to speak a bit louder you just have to say. :D

Sasha222 25-11-2010 14:46

Wouldn't be much good at them either as the men would still have selective hearing. I guess us women are doomed and have to accept the way the men are Jo :erm: :D:D

Sasha222 25-11-2010 14:57

All men should walk around wearing them :D:D:D:D

Hugh 25-11-2010 17:48

Off to see Dara Ó Briain at the Leeds Grand Theatre tonight.