Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704203)

RichardCoulter 02-06-2017 14:11

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35901434)
Meanwhile.. back on the subject of "coming soon"

Blaze is currently operating off the EPG on Virgin Media with video / audio streams present across the national network. NIT tables indicate that active tests are taking place on 6 internal networks used to test new services. Indications are that Blaze was added at some point during May 30th. (Transport Stream 7 - SID 702.)

Zee Punjabi is on the move again - this time from Transport Stream 15 (SID 1519) to Transport Stream 20 (SID 2015).

Eagle eyed readers may possibly remember that Transport Stream 20 (SID 2015) was previously used for Fox News Channel "tests". All traces of Fox News Channel have now been removed. Sorry Vince, it just wasn't meant to be. :sorry:

Could be preparations to add &pictures and/or Zee Tamil??

https://www.bizasialive.com/zee-netw...-new-channels/

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr k (Post 35901440)
that's a shame, i certainly remember the weather channel on cable, it must have been the nineties.
I sense a gap in the market. All i need is some seaweed, a pair of binoculars, barometer, ob camera and a satellite dish to upload my channel.... If i could get the local wine merchant to sponsor it would be the perfect channel, for me anyway ;)

😂😂😂

jj20x 03-06-2017 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35901483)
Could be preparations to add &pictures and/or Zee Tamil??

More like they are playing musical chairs. They wouldn't need to do this sort of thing to add the extra channels, and there is no guarantee that VM will actually be adding Zee's new channels in the near future. If they had been moving all of the Zee channels onto one transport stream, I could see the logic behind your suggestion, but they seem to be spreading them around.

It's probably just internal housekeeping to balance the load across the transport streams.

At some point, they will have to make room for the BBC's Summer Red Button streams, assuming that the BBC repeat the trend seen in recent years.

Gavin-D 03-06-2017 09:37

Quick reminder the Champions League final tonight is available in 4K (UHD) on BT Sports Youtube channel customers with the V6 box can watch it on tv via either the Youtube app or following the link in the discovery bar

Lozenge 03-06-2017 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35901535)
At some point, they will have to make room for the BBC's Summer Red Button streams, assuming that the BBC repeat the trend seen in recent years.

They will as Red Button 2-6 and HD:) are now testing off the EPG on satellite (currently showing the BBC Red Button red screens and music).

See: http://www.a516digital.com/2017/05/b...anded-red.html for more info.

jj20x 03-06-2017 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lozenge (Post 35901539)
They will as Red Button 2-6 and HD:) are now testing off the EPG on satellite (currently showing the BBC Red Button red screens and music).

Indeed, I was already aware of the satellite tests. The BBC don't appear to have made any announcements about the service yet, which they had done in previous years. So there isn't a clear indication of which other platforms will carry the extra streams. As the BBC is moving away from broadcast Red Button streams in favour of "Connected Red Button" IPTV streams, it will be interesting to see how this develops. (Which was my point about assuming the BBC repeats the trend seen in recent years.)

Ddonald2016 04-06-2017 13:00

Sadly my mum internet didn't work for two days and suddenly came back on last night thank goodness

Media Boy UK 05-06-2017 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35901434)
Meanwhile.. back on the subject of "coming soon"

Blaze is currently operating off the EPG on Virgin Media with video / audio streams present across the national network. NIT tables indicate that active tests are taking place on 6 internal networks used to test new services. Indications are that Blaze was added at some point during May 30th. (Transport Stream 7 - SID 702.)

Zee Punjabi is on the move again - this time from Transport Stream 15 (SID 1519) to Transport Stream 20 (SID 2015).

Eagle eyed readers may possibly remember that Transport Stream 20 (SID 2015) was previously used for Fox News Channel "tests". All traces of Fox News Channel have now been removed. Sorry Vince, it just wasn't meant to be. :sorry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35901437)
Further news:

Islam Channel Urdu (Transport Stream 9 - SID 904) and
Islam Channel English (Transport Stream 19 - SID 1907)
are currently operating off the EPG on Virgin Media with video / audio streams present across the national network. NIT tables indicate that active tests for are taking place on 4 internal networks for each service. Indications are that these services were added on May 26th.

Possibly not the channels most people on this thread were waiting for but it is what it is...

Thanks for info.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Sky Cinema Tom Cruise to close on June 19th.

Media Boy Blog has found that Sky Cinema will close Sky Cinema Tom Cruise on June 19th.

theone2k10 05-06-2017 17:48

GOLD HD apparantly launching in near future on SKY,BT and VM.

Ddonald2016 06-06-2017 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35901784)

It's took them long enough but most content will need to be upscaled

denphone 06-06-2017 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35901784)

Mr K when he hears that will need to sit down again as the grumpy git won't be able to cope with all this good news.;):D

RichardCoulter 06-06-2017 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35901437)
Further news:

Islam Channel Urdu (Transport Stream 9 - SID 904) and
Islam Channel English (Transport Stream 19 - SID 1907)
are currently operating off the EPG on Virgin Media with video / audio streams present across the national network. NIT tables indicate that active tests for are taking place on 4 internal networks for each service. Indications are that these services were added on May 26th.

Possibly not the channels most people on this thread were waiting for but it is what it is...

Islam Channel UK & Islam Urdu started today on channels 838 and 839 respectively.

vincerooney 06-06-2017 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35901441)
Oh dear that is not going to please one of our grumpiest members on here.;)

I still yearn for fox news. Its an ongoing saga for the last few years for me. I want COMEDY. fox news would give me this. I have no idea why it tested and then didnt launch.

In other news i re-read the thread from when BT Sport launched with no warning. So much joy! Makes me feel happy we have this forum. All the same people still here!

RichardCoulter 06-06-2017 19:22

Fox news won't be available from 5am on Thursday anyway Vince until the polling stations close.

In the past they have fallen foul of OFCOM rules which forbid certain activities that may influence how constituents vote; I guess they simply can't trust themselves and are playing it safe :D

vincerooney 07-06-2017 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35901955)
Fox news won't be available from 5am on Thursday anyway Vince until the polling stations close.

In the past they have fallen foul of OFCOM rules which forbid certain activities that may influence how constituents vote; I guess they simply can't trust themselves and are playing it safe :D

ha! classic murdoch!

Mr K 07-06-2017 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35901862)
Mr K when he hears that will need to sit down again as the grumpy git won't be able to cope with all this good news.;):D

Now then Den, don't be naughty ;)
Can't see the point of Gold in HD personally. Very few of the programmes they show (if any?) were made in HD. I like my 70/80's sitcoms in PAL 625 lines, they wouldn't look right any other way.