Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered ! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704414)

papa smurf 14-02-2017 16:57

Re: UK Exit of EU (Brexit)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35885703)
It's useful to understand the issues surrounding Brexit. There's nothing defeatist in that, it's called being sensible.
In forums as in life, I prefer to play the ball and not the man. I commend this approach all round.

by "useful to understand the issues surrounding Brexit." one can only come to the conclusion you mean all the negative information you can drag up .
any hoo carry on being sensible ;)

gba93 14-02-2017 17:39

Quote:

It's useful to understand the issues surrounding Brexit. There's nothing defeatist in that, it's called being sensible.
In forums as in life, I prefer to play the ball and not the man. I commend this approach all round.

Why is it that anti-Brexiteers think they are are the only people who can "understand the issues"? I'm sure many who voted to leave understood the issues they just came to a different conclusion as to what was best for the UK.

1andrew1 14-02-2017 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by gba93 (Post 35885724)
Why is it that anti-Brexiteers think they are are the only people who can "understand the issues"? I'm sure many who voted to leave understood the issues they just came to a different conclusion as to what was best for the UK.

You totally misunderstand me. No one is saying that voters did not understand the issues when they voted.
However, since June a number of issues have been raised eg the resources of the civil service to the impact of air traffic control in the instance of a hard Brexit. It is right and proper that these situations are surfaced by the press and discussed on forums such as this one.

pip08456 14-02-2017 17:52

Quote:

Believe me Andrew, by far the majority that voted for Brexit were fully aware of the issues surrounding our extrication from the whole corrupt mess.

There will be numerous complications ahead, many (and I accept not all) will be ironed out during the 2yr withdrawl process. The fact is this Country will still be able to operate, nothing is going to come to a sudden halt and within the next 10yrs this country will be begin to prosper again without interference from Europe.

1andrew1 14-02-2017 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35885729)
Believe me Andrew, by far the majority that voted for Brexit were fully aware of the issues surrounding our extrication from the whole corrupt mess.

There will be numerous complications ahead, many (and I accept not all) will be ironed out during the 2yr withdrawl process. The fact is this Country will still be able to operate, nothing is going to come to a sudden halt and within the next 10yrs this country will be begin to prosper again without interference from Europe.

Just to reiterate my previous point, I've not stated that voters did not understand what they were voting for. I'm saying that's it's beneficial to look at the issues currently arising, and I appreciate that you acknowledge these matters.

passingbat 14-02-2017 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35885733)
, I've noted stated that voters did not understand what they were voting for. .

Isn't that a little condescending?

One the face of it, it appears that some of the politicians didn't understand what they were voting for, re leaving the single market being inextricably linked with leaving the EU. The two prominent Remainers, Cameron and Osborne publically stated it, but now some politicians are 'conveniently' ignoring that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghd...7CrAkQ&index=1

1andrew1 14-02-2017 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35885744)
Isn't that a little condescending?

One the face of it, it appears that some of the politicians didn't understand what they were voting for, re leaving the single market being inextricably linked with leaving the EU. The two prominent Remainers, Cameron and Osborne publically stated it, but now some politicians are 'conveniently' ignoring that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dghd...7CrAkQ&index=1

Thanks, sorry it should have read "not stated" and I've corrected it. And I agree, many politicians did not understand what they were voting for, and that includes Boris Johnson and George Osborne.

Gavin78 14-02-2017 19:06

Maybe if the EU wasn't being such a dick about the whole issue then there wouldn't be a problem?

Lets look at it this way there were plenty of issues staying in the EU that weren't being addressed either affecting the UK being a member perhaps other EU states. The only reason they keep their mouth shut is because the UK was becoming a bank of Europe with one way withdrawals now they don't like it.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35885750)
Thanks, sorry it should have read "not stated" and I've corrected it. And I agree, many politicians did not understand what they were voting for, and that includes Boris Johnson and George Osborne.

I still find it funny how anyone but those who voted remain only understand it. which could be true because it's a fantasy and those that voted to stay in LA LA land are welcome to it. In the mean time I will stick to my brexit vote where reality really happens it's just a shame I have to mix with the misunderstood population that only think their way is the right way.

1andrew1 14-02-2017 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35885751)
I still find it funny how anyone but those who voted remain only understand it.

No one has said that only those who voted remain understand it.

pip08456 14-02-2017 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35885773)

That's not what Gavin said. Try reading it again. I refer to your answer not his quote.

1andrew1 14-02-2017 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35885790)
That's not what Gavin said. Try reading it again. I refer to your answer not his quote.

Can you expand?

pip08456 14-02-2017 20:46

You said:-

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35885773)

What Gavin said

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35885751)

I still find it funny how anyone but those who voted remain only understand it. which could be true because it's a fantasy and those that voted to stay in LA LA land are welcome to it. In the mean time I will stick to my brexit vote where reality really happens it's just a shame I have to mix with the misunderstood population that only think their way is the right way.

Your doom and gloom posts aren't working, the only ones you are preaching to are those who voted remain. The rest of us just sigh when you post yet another.

We know what we voted for and what to expect and know we will be far happier for it.

1andrew1 14-02-2017 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35885796)
You said:-

What Gavin said

Your doom and gloom posts aren't working, the only ones you are preaching to are those who voted remain. The rest of us just sigh when you post yet another.

We know what we voted for and what to expect and know we will be far happier for it.

This is not about the June referendum. We're all leavers now. I've said that for a long time now but it's probably timely to repeat it.
I'm not preaching to anyone. From time to time, like others I post excerpts from articles. I think it's important to understand the ongoing issues around Brexit. It's important to know that if we did a hard Brexit, things like the air traffic agreements would cease to exist. To pretend these issues don't exist is not a sensible approach and is unrelated to the way anyone cast their vote back in June.
Finally, no one really knows what to expect when we leave the EU as the negotiations have not even begun and the situation is unprecedented.

papa smurf 14-02-2017 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35885804)
This is not about the June referendum. We're all leavers now. I've said that for a long time now but it's probably timely to repeat it.
I'm not preaching to anyone. From time to time, like others I post excerpts from articles. I think it's important to understand the ongoing issues around Brexit. It's important to know that if we did a hard Brexit, things like the air traffic agreements would cease to exist. To pretend these issues don't exist is not a sensible approach and is unrelated to the way anyone cast their vote back in June.
Finally, no one really knows what to expect when we leave the EU as the negotiations have not even begun and the situation is unprecedented.

an every day doom fest is that the definition of time to time

1andrew1 14-02-2017 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35885806)
an every day doom fest is that the definition of time to time

No.