Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

Stuart 19-12-2013 09:50

re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveh (Post 35655839)
Anybody using Netflix's Android app to control Netflix on their TiVo?

Choosing a show to watch from the Android app when the TiVo isn't already in the Netflix app it seems to regularly timeout before the TiVo app starts. Hitting pause on the remote on the lockscreen also failed to work last week then pressing it again from the notification bar caused my TiVo to completely lock up so it wouldn't even respond to a power-off reset and I had to pull the plug. It then did three reboot cycles before it came back again...

I'll tell you what I've noticed on the iOS app. If you have the app running on both iOS and Tivo and use the remote play feature to select something on iOS and have it play on the tivo, it works. If you try and change programmes, it will not work and the iOS app will eventually time out.

If you then try and exit the app on the Tivo (say, by pressing the TV button on the remote), the screen will go black. The box will hang and eventually reboot.

clayts 19-12-2013 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35656131)
No, I meant if you watch Breaking Bad without subtitles turned on, the show itself still has subtitles for the Spanish bits. If you turn subtitles on are you getting two lots of subtitles?

Not sure if I've explained that very well?

I know what you mean, but no, I do not use subtitles. It only doubles up white and yellow on the Spanish bits.

There's no subtitled Spanish in the last episodes of Season 4 (although there is Spanish language !), so unable to check if it is still an issue. May just be an experimental thing, I suppose ?

passingbat 22-12-2013 11:22

Dexter final two seasons added (previous seasons also there)

nicknewark 22-12-2013 11:55

I think Netflix is a great addition, and have just really enjoyed watching Orange is the New black, just started with Hemlock Grove, which so far is great, and want to fit in House of Cards next.
A great service, which works great! Love it!.

denphone 22-12-2013 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicknewark (Post 35656883)
I think Netflix is a great addition, and have just really enjoyed watching Orange is the New black, just started with Hemlock Grove, which so far is great, and want to fit in House of Cards next.
A great service, which works great! Love it!.

Yes l absolutely agree and its even better if you get the 6 months free as well.:)

theone2k10 22-12-2013 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35656887)
Yes l absolutely agree and its even better if you get the 6 months free as well.:)

Even better when your cousin buys you a 12 month gift voucher for xmas :p:

nicknewark 22-12-2013 17:34

very nice present!. enjoy.

andy_m 22-12-2013 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35656895)
Even better when your cousin buys you a 12 month gift voucher for xmas :p:

Exactly what we're getting from the wife's brother!

theone2k10 22-12-2013 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35657008)
Exactly what we're getting from the wife's brother!

My cousin has Netflix for 12 months already so i bought her a 12 month lovefilm instant voucher instead so she now gets best of both worlds.

muppetman11 23-12-2013 17:36

Netflix 4K

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s23...y-netflix.html

Mad Max 24-12-2013 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35657253)

That looks excellent MM!

passingbat 24-12-2013 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35657551)
That looks excellent MM!

Only if Santa brings me a 4K TV for Christmas; and that aint gonna happen sadly :D

Mad Max 24-12-2013 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35657555)
Only if Santa brings me a 4K TV for Christmas; and that aint gonna happen sadly :D

Is that the only way you will be able to watch this series?

muppetman11 24-12-2013 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35657555)

Same here :D its amazing though that a streaming service could potentially be the first to start with 4K content.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35657562)
Is that the only way you will be able to watch this series?

No it will be available to view on any TV , the quality is obviously dependant on your BB connection.

Mad Max 24-12-2013 18:13

Quote:

No it will be available to view on any TV , the quality is obviously dependant on your BB connection.
As i'm new to this Netflix discussion, and if i take up the free offer, would House of Cards first series be available?