PDA

View Full Version : Surrender

Hipster
21-03-2004, 18:10
ok NTL using a STB for internet but interactive kept locking(ony for about 3 years now lol ) the box up, had to reset everthing, went to a modem installed in wrong room and caused a right mess installing it , contacted NTL went back to STB same day never used the modem (modem taken outabout 1 hour after it was installed ) NTL replied they are under no legal requirements to repair any damage caused in a installation this was in December they have just taken some money out of my bank account for the modem .Phoned CS up at NTL says it would take up to 6 weeks to return money ,different dept deals with returns,
Problem, after problem with the service, calls on my phone bill made when nobody was in they say the call was made( work that out :dunce: )and they are correct.
Just had enought now going back to BT AND SKY and BULLDOG (ADSL) £38 A MONTH FOR 2MB
:banghead: (http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1#)
I SURRENDER

Shaun
21-03-2004, 18:15
One of the best moves you'll ever make, but you make sure they get your money sorted, thieving barstools.

paulyoung666
21-03-2004, 18:43
hi and :welcome:to the site , i find it a shame that ntl are so inconsistent , tbh i have had very little trouble with them

MovedGoalPosts
21-03-2004, 19:07
ok NTL using a STB for internet but interactive kept locking(ony for about 3 years now lol ) the box up, had to reset everthing, went to a modem installed in wrong room and caused a right mess installing it , contacted NTL went back to STB same day never used the modem (modem taken outabout 1 hour after it was installed ) NTL replied they are under no legal requirements to repair any damage caused in a installation this was in December they have just taken some money out of my bank account for the modem .Phoned CS up at NTL says it would take up to 6 weeks to return money ,different dept deals with returns,
Problem, after problem with the service, calls on my phone bill made when nobody was in they say the call was made( work that out :dunce: )and they are correct.
Just had enought now going back to BT AND SKY and BULLDOG (ADSL) £38 A MONTH FOR 2MB
:banghead: (http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1#)
I SURRENDER

Ntl are under an obligation of a duty of care. If they do not excercise that during installation, then they should have to make good or compensate, regardless of thier T&Cs that they might try to hide behind.

Presumably you paid by Direct Debit. Contact your bank. The Direct Debit guarantee entitles you to an imediate refund if money is incorrectly taken from your account.

MadGamer
22-03-2004, 00:27
:welcome: to the Site Hipster. Hope you find the site and the people help. Don't worry we don't bite. :D