PDA

View Full Version : Broadband freezes STB

jellybabygm
18-03-2004, 14:14
I have just had NTL installed, and on the night of installation it worked fine.
Now when I try to use broadband it freezes the picture on the TV.
I'm getting it through the STB.
Am I doing something wrong?

In Norwich Area

seaneeboy
18-03-2004, 15:21
Hiya Jellybabygm, welcome to the site!

Don't think you're doing anything wrong - what type of box do you have? If you have a look at the bottom it will give you the model number.

Which speed of Broadband are you on?

Have you phoned CS about this?

gary_580
18-03-2004, 15:23
Are you using any P2P software like kazaa or e-donkey

IanGuy
18-03-2004, 18:19
I use kazaa and sometimes (mostly during bad weather) i get the freezing of digital tv after using kazaa. this then is the same for hours until the signal finally comes back. What does kazaa do to cause this problem? I never get it when using normal websites or gaming etc.

paulyoung666
18-03-2004, 18:35
I use kazaa and sometimes (mostly during bad weather) i get the freezing of digital tv after using kazaa. this then is the same for hours until the signal finally comes back. What does kazaa do to cause this problem? I never get it when using normal websites or gaming etc.

hi and :welcome: to the site , i wonder if there is any coincidence with the weather :( , if you are using kazaa to its full upload capacity then it will kill your download speed , have you tried throttling it back :)

jellybabygm
19-03-2004, 09:22
Thanks for all the welcoming msgs.

Phoned CS last night, STB is screwed, Its an old CWC one. PACE 4100? Haven't really looked.

It's not just BB, it also stops responding to the Remote and the facsia buttons, but continues to give a picture.

After several remote resets, and physical resets, it reset it self (Displayed PACE on the Display) whilst on the phone to CS and continued to display it for rest of phone call..

CS said the box will be replaced. Told that repair team would phone me for a date, requested evening slot..

Had phone call this morning,

"Hi, it's NTL, I'm at your front door let me in!"
"Erm, I'm not at home... I requested an evening slot and was told that I would get a phone call..."
"No, says AM here"
"Well I'm not there.."
"OK, Can't help you then, a repair crew will phone you"

Not overly helpful that..

Presumely that was the installation guy with my new box that was sitting in his van..? <I'm not too cynical am I>

jellybabygm
24-03-2004, 09:21
New box installed and working well now