PDA

View Full Version : Interesting to Londoners?

NoBB
17-03-2004, 15:02
Here is some information posted on DS by Michael_7250 that might be of interst to ntl customers in London. Does anyone know who Richard is?

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=1820841&postcount=92

:confused:

NoBB
17-03-2004, 16:24
Here is some information posted on DS by Michael_7250 that might be of interst to ntl customers in London. Does anyone know who Richard is?

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=1820841&postcount=92

:confused:
Sorry, it looks like the guy Michael_7250 is just running some kind of scam! It appears that he has lifted this "answer" from a previous post made last September.
:Yikes:

BBKing
18-03-2004, 09:03
I'm reading that Michael bloke's posts with a mounting sense of dread - he's getting his information second hand from engineers and it's riddled with errors (there are no 'broadband routers' in the green boxes, the cable in the ground in parts of London really is shoddy and engineers don't 'plug their laptops into your STB'). What's worse is that people seem to have taken him seriously. He doesn't even know that remotes are the same across the Bromley platform (I use an old C&W remote on my Telewest STB in fact). He also doesn't quite understand the STB/SACM system.

NTL are keeping quiet for a reason - we get hammered if we announce dates and then don't meet them and we get hammered if we don't release, but the first is more costly to our reputation. Frankly we've made enough trouble for ourselves with over-optimistic forecasts.

Neil
18-03-2004, 09:05
I'm reading that Michael bloke's posts with a mounting sense of dread - he's getting his information second hand from engineers and it's riddled with errors (there are no 'broadband routers' in the green boxes, the cable in the ground in parts of London really is shoddy and engineers don't 'plug their laptops into your STB'). What's worse is that people seem to have taken him seriously. He doesn't even know that remotes are the same across the Bromley platform (I use an old C&W remote on my Telewest STB in fact). He also doesn't quite understand the STB/SACM system.

NTL are keeping quiet for a reason - we get hammered if we announce dates and then don't meet them and we get hammered if we don't release, but the first is more costly to our reputation. Frankly we've made enough trouble for ourselves with over-optimistic forecasts.

You're absolutely right BBK, & I suspect the fact that no one replied to this post is because they too read it & thought "what a load of cobblers!"

I'm gonna close this thread as there really isn't anywhere for it to go, & we already have a 'London BB' thread running.