PDA

View Full Version : Billing totally messed up for broadband!!

IanGuy
16-03-2004, 16:16
I ordered broadband 150k service in december which was free installation, free cable modem and 1 month free.

Upon seeing my bill, i was charged £10 for installation, £17.99 TWICE!!!

I rang customer services complaining about this numerous times, and they all said it was fine BLATANTLY NOT!!

I finally got through to someone with sense, he said he would deal with the matter personally and give an extra 3 months free for my hassle. Fair enough something did get done about this - a refund of £64 :s And then on the next page charged 2 months of £17.99 again!!

They're refunding money on one page and taking it off me from the other!! Whats is up with this?! If there is a CS person here could you please PM (ian.porter4@PM) me - something really needs to be done about this.

Chris W
16-03-2004, 16:23
i think on the first bill you should pay for two months anyway, because you pay for the month that has just passed and pay for the next one in advanced. I am pretty sure that this is the case, but i don't work for CS so can't be 100% sure.

Derek
16-03-2004, 16:26
What region are you in?

IanGuy
16-03-2004, 16:30
Cardiff, it was supposed to be 1 month free. Bare in mind i have had 2 bills. the first bill had 2 months on it charged and the second bill i was charged also.

Derek
16-03-2004, 16:34
OK if you want to PM me your account number I'll have a look into this for you.

Neil
16-03-2004, 16:38
OK if you want to PM me your account number I'll have a look into this for you.

I can vouch for Dezzo working for ntl Ian. :tu: :)

Mick
16-03-2004, 16:43
IanBoy, I have removed your e-mail address from your above post. We strongly advise members not to post their e-mail address on the forums. Thanks. :)

Neil
16-03-2004, 16:48
IanBoy, I have removed your e-mail address from your above post. We strongly advise members not to post their e-mail address on the forums. Thanks. :)

Whoops. :dunce:

gavnad
16-03-2004, 17:44
can i just add to this that there is no sacm package that does not bill from day 1

if you are promised months free and a credit is not added immediately its highly unlikely that you will not be charged for your initial subscriptions

this sounds suspiciously like its double billing which is a common problem and can only be fixed by the operations team no point in just adding credits month after month

ian@huth
16-03-2004, 18:04
My SACM is billed in arrears.

Neil
16-03-2004, 18:13
My SACM is billed in arrears.

It wouldn't have been at the very beginning though Ian, they bill 'pro rata'.

GazzaB
16-03-2004, 18:34
It wouldn't have been at the very beginning though Ian, they bill 'pro rata'.

ianathuth is right, He is on cablemaster billing Neil not SABS so he is billed in arrears for his modem at the moment. :angel:

Neil
16-03-2004, 18:38
ianathuth is right, He is on cablemaster billing Neil not SABS so he is billed in arrears for his modem at the moment. :angel:

But would he not have been billed pro rata following his installation?

GazzaB
16-03-2004, 18:43
But would he not have been billed pro rata following his installation?

Neil he would have been billed for part of the month depending on when he was installed upto the biiling date, then monthly thereafter in arrears. It's one of the few services on cablemaster which bills in arrears, most things are in advance.
Ianguy would be paying in advance in his area I think.
Adding to the confussion!!! :o
I tell thee! ;) ;)

Neil
16-03-2004, 18:53
Neil he would have been billed for part of the month depending on when he was installed upto the biiling date, then monthly thereafter in arrears. It's one of the few services on cablemaster which bills in arrears, most things are in advance.
I tell thee! ;) ;)

Ok-I'll bow to your superior knowledge. ;) :nworthy:

Macca
16-03-2004, 19:08
I tell thee! ;) ;)

I'm certain that he will be billed in advance, the only thing that customers on his billing system will be billed for in arrears is telephone calls, everything else is in advance. His 1st bill will have exactly what Neil advised which is from date of install to billing date plus 1 month in advance. It has always been that way.

Ooops should have read it properly before posting, GazzaB and Neil are both right......and I'm daft. :dunce:

IanGuy
16-03-2004, 20:05
:s How come my Digital TV service gets charged for how long I use it, for example if i only had half a month of a package it would only charge me half for it. It still doesn't explain why i was charged £10 installation fee and why i haven't had 1 month free.

timewarrior2001
17-03-2004, 09:36
:s How come my Digital TV service gets charged for how long I use it, for example if i only had half a month of a package it would only charge me half for it. It still doesn't explain why i was charged £10 installation fee and why i haven't had 1 month free.
NTL's Billing methods are impossible to figure out at best mate.

I have a vaguely similar problem and another kind of related problem.

I took up 600K bb with free install and 3 months for £10 a month.
Yeah got the free install done, then was charged £11 and pence for the first 4 months!!!! Kinda weird, Not wanting to complain too much as I got 4 months instead of 3 lol.

The other weird thing is, I requested an Itemised phone bill and I pay for itemisation, yet I do not get full itemisation. I believe that if NTL charge you for something they then should provide it, I do not like the X amount of calls to a total value of X on the bottom of my bill when my bill clearly shows a charge for full itemisation.

I;m happy with NTL's TV service......I dont have it lol. Phone service is great and BB is so so (was actually better at my previous address). Why do NTL have to have such confusing bills though?

Macca
17-03-2004, 10:35

Ntl billing is like riding a bike, once you figure it out it is quite easy but there are a few accidents before you get there. It all depends on your billing date (this applies to the billing system for your area), lets say your billing date is 23rd of the month and you add Sports to your Digital on 20th, your bill for the 23rd will charge you from 20th to 23rd plus a month in advance but if you switch the Sports off on the 20th of next month you will receive a credit back for 20th to 23rd of that month cos you had turned Sports off. See.... dead simple :confused: I believe Dezzo is trying to resolve your issue so I'm sure he will respond ASAP.

ian@huth
17-03-2004, 10:52
:idea: :idea: Maybe it would be a good idea for all NTL bills to show the period that each charge listed is for rather than just a statement of the service. Other companies do this and it makes the bill very clear and lessens the chance of customers calling to query charges.

Macca
17-03-2004, 11:03
:idea: :idea: Maybe it would be a good idea for all NTL bills to show the period that each charge listed is for rather than just a statement of the service. Other companies do this and it makes the bill very clear and lessens the chance of customers calling to query charges.

Some do but it depends what billing system it is, in my area they advise of the dates the service is being charged for. Hopefully when the new Harmony system is completely launched then we will see an improvement.

Derek
17-03-2004, 11:10

Again if you can PM me your account number or call in we can sort this out for you.