PDA

View Full Version : Problem with router?

byron_hinson
15-03-2004, 15:12
I have had problems with my internet connection since yesterday, everything was working fine up until then. Every 10 minutes or so I would lose access to the internet, i could also not access the routers control panel whenever this happened, only rebooting the router would fix the problem.

Could this be a problem with the router or with my cable modem service (i assume the router as surely i could still access local networked computers that are connected to it even if the internet is down?)

Here is one error i keep getting in my event log.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date: 15/03/2004
Time: 00:13:54
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.0.2 for the Network Card with network address *********** has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

wheeliebin
15-03-2004, 15:41
I have had problems with my internet connection since yesterday, everything was working fine up until then. Every 10 minutes or so I would lose access to the internet, i could also not access the routers control panel whenever this happened, only rebooting the router would fix the problem.

Could this be a problem with the router or with my cable modem service (i assume the router as surely i could still access local networked computers that are connected to it even if the internet is down?)

Here is one error i keep getting in my event log.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date: 15/03/2004
Time: 00:13:54
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.0.2 for the Network Card with network address *********** has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Sounds like an issue with the router . Even if you lose the Net connection you should still be able to access the routers control panel.

Have you tried resetting the router to factory defaults?

byron_hinson
15-03-2004, 15:47
No didn't go back to the default settings, although (touch wood) everything seems to have been fine since leaving both my modem and router off while at work and putting them back on when I came home.