PDA

View Full Version : ftp & password ?

mig
13-03-2004, 14:22
I am having trouble connecting via ftp to my web-space. I have been a NTL user since the days it was free and I have been trawling the foums here and the NTL newsgroups for info. I have sussed out that I need to substitute "ntlworld" with "dtn.ntl" in the ftp address and this indeed works except my password is rejected. Again from info gleaned, I have ascertained that the password may be my original NTL password from when I registered. Apparently this may not change with any changes to your primary email password. :confused:

I have tried using the contact NTL:home form, from the NTL help page. Is it me :dunce: or is there something wrong with this. I fill in all the info asked for, select the appropriate drop down options to select the area my problem lies in. When I submit, what I suspect to be the last page before you describe in detail your problem ........... nothing. :mad:
Can anyone confirm any of the above and other than phoning NTL @ 50p/min :cry: , tell me what to do. Is there an email address for tech support I can use from my email client to contact them ?

Thanks.

Chris W
13-03-2004, 14:41
Hi and :welcome: to nthw!

You are correct that the password for the webspace will not change with the primary email address, and it will be the original password.

The contact us form has now replaced any email contact.

To get the username and password, you don't have to speak to technical support, if you call customer services they will be able to confirm these details for you, either 151 from an ntl phone, or 0800 052 2000... freephone :D

hope that helps ;)

Musicman
21-07-2004, 09:33
I am having trouble connecting via ftp to my web-space. I have been a NTL user since the days it was free and I have been trawling the foums here and the NTL newsgroups for info. I have sussed out that I need to substitute "ntlworld" with "dtn.ntl" in the ftp address and this indeed works except my password is rejected.

:confused:
I am confused, as I was also an original user, and had a "dtn.ntl" account. Does this mean, that I should use the 'dtn.ntl' instead of ntlworld in the the ftp address and am I totally wrong.

I tried unsuccessfully to connect using ftp last night using both my current password and my original one and got nowhere.

Just remembered, I have set un a non NTL DNS, cannot remember what I have set it to, but would this make any difference.

Gary

carlingman
22-07-2004, 00:07
I am confused, as I was also an original user, and had a "dtn.ntl" account. Does this mean, that I should use the 'dtn.ntl' instead of ntlworld in the the ftp address and am I totally wrong.

I tried unsuccessfully to connect using ftp last night using both my current password and my original one and got nowhere.

Just remembered, I have set un a non NTL DNS, cannot remember what I have set it to, but would this make any difference.

Gary

Hi Musicman (Gary)

Take a look at this thread here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=6727&highlight=dtn)

Should answer it all.

:D