PDA

View Full Version : Cant see uploaded files...

RallyMarshal
11-03-2004, 17:45
Hi all,

Have tried going through this with NTL tech support but seem to hit my head against a brick wall every time!

Im a longstanding CM user who hasnt used my webspace before.. but now Ive decided to utilise it. I was a user before the ntlworld.com address came into being so had a dtn.ntl.com address - though I think they moved the email addresses over, they never moved the webspace over.

I can log into upload.dtn.ntl.com with my original username and password and authenticate correctly. I can upload files to the /docs/ folder fine as well. However when I go to homepage.dtn.ntl.com/user.name/ I dont see anything - even if I point it at one of the filenames there.

I cant connect to upload.ntlworld.com with my username / password combination - I get a logon failure...

I have complicated matters by trying to change my username via the autoregister site - went through OK it said but Im unable to access my webmail under my old or new usernames so guess its fubar there. However, as said before my ftp login to upload.dtn.ntl.com still works..

All I need is for someone to tell me the correct filepath to look at for my uploaded files... but that doesnt seem to be a simple task!

Any ideas..

Paul..

paulyoung666
11-03-2004, 18:00
hi and :welcome: to the site , sorry to say but unless you manage to catch the eye of an ntl peep here then you are gonna have to battle with c.s. , sorry :(

i might be being :dozey: here , but where does the dtn bit come into it :D :D :D

Axl01
12-03-2004, 09:59
Hi-the Web Space generally consists of
fttp://(user name) : (Password-starts with W0)@upload.ntlworld.com

unless your in a Special district where u have to type to access ur web space that u posted-then it should ok.. :-)

i had the same problem at 1st-my user name and preferences didnt register Ntl world side-as usual i checked out the site to notice that their register server was down-so i asked my mum to Fone NTL cos i wanted my 55MB web space-they said it didnt register- no surprise their :P

So-they brought back a old account of my mums and did it that way...

br3ach
12-03-2004, 10:04
PM me just your username and I can check if your webspace exists on your account...

Obviously I wont be able to discuss much with you over this website, but I can see if there is anything obviously wrong and atleast tell you what to tell Tech Support when you ring them...

RallyMarshal
14-03-2004, 18:38
Thanks Axl but they never migrated me onto ntlworld so it wont work!

In fact, when Ive phoned up they didnt even know I had a cable modem (despite them billing me every month - lol) and therefore had to get me to read them my mac address...

Anyways, I digress.

br3ach - YHPM

Paul..

br3ach
15-03-2004, 15:46
I have replied to your PM

Let me know if that helps