PDA

View Full Version : NTL & Yahoo email

maximload
10-07-2003, 16:22
Hi anyone else had this trouble when trying to sigh out of yahoo email i got this page can not be displayed also unable to upload pictures. Ring NTL and they told me to go to properties and put a tick in use proxy server and give me an ip address to put in it and this solved the problem ? They said its a problem at there end and if i un-tick it in a few days it should be ok!

bob_builder
10-07-2003, 16:26
I have been trying to use Yahoo mail and can log in and see my folders but when I try to view the messages I get a "document contained no data" popup in Netscape or a "page could not be displayed" page in IE. I also get the same when trying to log out.
I am using unlimited dial-up so do not use a proxy server.

ntlrebel
10-07-2003, 16:54
Originally posted by bob_builder
I have been trying to use Yahoo mail and can log in and see my folders but when I try to view the messages I get a "document contained no data" popup in Netscape or a "page could not be displayed" page in IE. I also get the same when trying to log out.
I am using unlimited dial-up so do not use a proxy server.

You need to specify another proxy server.
We have reported faults with yahoo & e bay and some other secure sites.

Martin
10-07-2003, 16:59
No problem viewing Yahoo Mail or reading messages.:) I'm on Broadband with no proxy. It does sound like a dodgy proxy to me try any listed here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#ntl

lincsat
11-07-2003, 18:38
Again no problems here, but have had problems with e-bay. Another proxy solved the problem.

Defiant
11-07-2003, 19:50
Had this problem a few days back. Changed proxy's and now okay. NTL R USELESS

allanprg
12-07-2003, 15:20
My Yahoo email is alright. No problems, well at the moment anyway. I'm on broadband

albone
14-07-2003, 16:37
We had this problem a few months back, but we changed to a proxy server and that solved it. But with yahoo the mail is kept in canada! so it goes through all sorts to get back to you. But keep trying.