PDA

View Full Version : Permission Denied to Webspace

geordie99
05-03-2004, 21:16
I keep getting "Permission Denied" error messages back when I try to upload files or make changes to my webspace. It's as if it is read only. My webspace has only just been allocated back to my account after having been unallocated for some reason. I've tried CHMOD command but the server won't accept it.

Anybody any ideas :confused:

Richard M
05-03-2004, 21:27
I keep getting "Permission Denied" error messages back when I try to upload files or make changes to my webspace. It's as if it is read only. My webspace has only just been allocated back to my account after having been unallocated for some reason. I've tried CHMOD command but the server won't accept it.

This might have something to do with it:

My webspace has only just been allocated back to my account ...

Call Tech Support, the number is 0845 6500121 if you run a cable modem.

homealone
05-03-2004, 21:34

hiya & :welcome: to the site, geordie99.

has it ever worked since re-allocation?

the usual screw up with ftp access to ntl webspace is to do with passwords - often it wants the original password issued when you first got your account, the letter & 9 numbers one, is that what you are using?

- I have to declare that you mentioning CHMOD means you know more about it than I do, though;):)

Richard M
05-03-2004, 21:36
CHMOD is just file permissions, really basic stuff.
He can obviously log in though... :confused:

homealone
05-03-2004, 21:49
CHMOD is just file permissions, really basic stuff.
He can obviously log in though... :confused:

:blush: - missed that, thanks Richard M, told you I'm a :dunce: at this :) - guess its TS, after all?

geordie99
08-03-2004, 22:20
Thanks, I'll give TS a ring. I've got a number for narrowband TS.