PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Modchip Online

Defiant
10-07-2003, 04:23
Not sure if this has been asked before or if anyone knows for that fact but are they okay online?

Can Sony pick them up. Only asking because I have mine chipped as I have allot of imported games :)

matty4donna
10-07-2003, 04:37
i have not heard anything about they can. I think it is only the Xbox that can be picked up, however i may be wrong.

ic14
10-07-2003, 17:24
Originally posted by Defiant
Not sure if this has been asked before or if anyone knows for that fact but are they okay online?

Can Sony pick them up. Only asking because I have mine chipped as I have allot of imported games :)
Im not 100 % sure. Some ps2 games have something called DNAS which checks your mem card to check for cheats but im not sure if it checks the system

trickydisko
11-07-2003, 09:25
Originally posted by Defiant

Depends on the game. Most import online games so far don't use DNAS (which can detect modchips in your machine, if they're active - ie not in some kind of sleep mode). Newer games are starting to include it, and it looks like many of the UK online games are using it too.

trickydisko

ntltech32
30-12-2003, 10:34
Depends on the game. Most import online games so far don't use DNAS (which can detect modchips in your machine, if they're active - ie not in some kind of sleep mode). Newer games are starting to include it, and it looks like many of the UK online games are using it too.

trickydisko

I always though DNAS was to scan the memory card for any cheats... ? not have a ability to scan for modchips?

Kneebs
30-12-2003, 15:04
I always though DNAS was to scan the memory card for any cheats... ? not have a ability to scan for modchips?

I'm not sure about DNAS being able to determine if you've got a chip, but it can detect a copied (backup ;)) disk. When I tried to go online with my backup fifa 2004, i was getting 'Disc information Error', the original worked fine

paulhouston
06-01-2004, 20:46
it is only chipped EA games that dont work online!!
Evrything else work ok though

Kneebs
07-01-2004, 02:00
it is only chipped EA games that dont work online!!
Evrything else work ok though

nope - my backup T.H.U.G. doesnt work for online play

DrAwesome
07-01-2004, 13:52

I did read a few months back that the latest Messiah can be temporarly switched off if the owner wishes to play online (the older version of messiah can be turned off reverting back to standard by a toggle switch).

but switching the messiah off then only means the ps2 drive will only read pal uk games

Tarrasque
14-02-2004, 11:44
right here is a definative answer

DNAS
a) DNAS games will ONLY play from original disks
b) DNAS games will only play on the correct region console..ie NTSC games need a US console
c) DNAS doesnt detect mod chips (well not messiah 1 ,2 or DMS3..i cant speak 4 others)

I know all this because i have a modded UK PS2 & a vanilla NTSC PS2

the modded machine plays all the current UK games with no problem (its a messiah 1 chip)
ORIGINAL import NTSC games fail the DNAS on the UK machine..thats why i bought a NTSC PS2 as well
copies of DNAS titles will fail the DNAS

Chris

Richio
18-03-2004, 10:49
Where did you get your US PS2 from?

Richio

krazy_nutjob
19-03-2004, 11:54
Does anyone know which backup games will work online, i have N.F.S.U. which doesnt because of the DNAS disc error message. Was thinking of getting socom 1 and 2, will they work or do i have to fork out the whole £40, any help would be great. ;)

stef290175
24-06-2005, 19:58
u mite find more info over at Mod Edit (Matt D): Link removed due to being a) forbidden & b) spam anyway hope that helps :)

Tezcatlipoca
24-06-2005, 20:03
Sorry, but we don't allow the posting of links to mod chip shops.

Also.... This is the second *very old* thread which you have bumped this evening, solely to post a link to a site selling modchips. Trying to spam us with a link to your own site perhaps? OK, perhaps you are just trying to be helpful, but bumping two dead threads - one last posted to over a year ago & the other 2 years ago - seems rather pointless & dubious to me...