PDA

View Full Version : CM Installation Advice Please

Raistlin
03-03-2004, 22:34
Hi Guys,

Well, I've finally taken the plunge and decided to get BB. I'll be connecting through a CM into a NIC and running Windoze 98SE.

I understand that the nice chappie from NTL (provided I supply plenty of tea and biccies) will install the connection box somewhere near the pooter and will then leave me with a nice shiney disk, a cable modem and a length of cable (?) to connect it all together.

Having some experience with using NTL's fabled software I would (naturally) prefer to fly solo on this one and set it all up myself. Unfortunately I probably don't have much more of a clue than NTL's software does about how to do it.

Is there any chance that someone could provide me with a guide (idiot proof is poss) to how to manually install the CM, get Windoze set up and then register the account (or activate it or whatever the term is) please?

Also, I may be mistaken but I'm sure that the highly trained professional who took my order said that I would be receiving some information regarding the installation in the post, I haven't received it yet though, do I need any of that info in order to get this all set up?

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

Cheers,

Raist.

Nikko
03-03-2004, 22:40
Welcome to the forum

Have a look Here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/broadjump.html#without) on Robin's pages for a talk through it.

You will need a PIN number and user name from your welcome letter to register - if this does not arrive before the engineer ring Customer services.

Welcome too to BB :)

Raistlin
03-03-2004, 22:46
Cheers Nikko, I'll give Robin's page a quick look.

Thanks for the welcome also"

Raist.

Nikko
03-03-2004, 22:49
YW mate - actually Robin's pages are worth a long look ;) - see also the info/links on tweaks for W98 - hugely helpful on my old PC running 98

homealone
03-03-2004, 22:52
Welcome to the forum

Have a look Here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/broadjump.html#without) on Robin's pages for a talk through it.

You will need a PIN number and user name from your welcome letter to register - if this does not arrive before the engineer ring Customer services.

Welcome too to BB :)

Hi Raist :welcome: from me too :)

Nikko's post is spot on and the preferred method - if you do have problems with it you can also run the install cd to get connected, then uninstall correct connect:)

Stuartbe
04-03-2004, 09:22
Hi Raistlin and great big :welcome: to the site m8 :)

Perhaps the guide on this link may help.

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7603

wheeliebin
04-03-2004, 09:41
Hi Guys,

Well, I've finally taken the plunge and decided to get BB. I'll be connecting through a CM into a NIC and running Windoze 98SE.

I understand that the nice chappie from NTL (provided I supply plenty of tea and biccies) will install the connection box somewhere near the pooter and will then leave me with a nice shiney disk, a cable modem and a length of cable (?) to connect it all together.

Having some experience with using NTL's fabled software I would (naturally) prefer to fly solo on this one and set it all up myself. Unfortunately I probably don't have much more of a clue than NTL's software does about how to do it.

Is there any chance that someone could provide me with a guide (idiot proof is poss) to how to manually install the CM, get Windoze set up and then register the account (or activate it or whatever the term is) please?

Also, I may be mistaken but I'm sure that the highly trained professional who took my order said that I would be receiving some information regarding the installation in the post, I haven't received it yet though, do I need any of that info in order to get this all set up?

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

Cheers,

Raist.

More info here too
Manual Installation of NTL broadband (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jayone/index.htm)

Now you surely cant go wrong..... :erm:

Raistlin
04-03-2004, 09:43
Nikko,

Thanks once again mate.

homealone & Stuartbe,

Thanks for the help guys (and the welcome). Really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Raist.

Raistlin
04-03-2004, 09:49
wheeliebin

Cheers mate. You're a star too!

Raist.