PDA

View Full Version : Proxy setting for eBay sign-on problem

nigel_ips
09-07-2003, 21:33
For info, here's something I posted on 'the other place' re a problem that seems to be affecting signing onto eBay via NTL broadband + temporary work around.
---------------------

Last couple of days I've been getting 'page inaccessible', server 'refused connection' after logging onto eBay via NTL broadband.

Done obvious checks like for viruses etc., proxy settings, clearing cache, cookies etc., but affects both my laptop and desktop PC, so unlikely to be something I've done.

In addition, it works fine via dial-up via other ISPs and also on broadband connection at work.

Tried resetting modem, and anyway all other sites I access seem to work perfectly, so it points twards an NTL/ebay thing.

Anyone else seen similar?
Ideas please?
Thanks
Frustrated eBayer
(now found I can't post to this forum via NTL!)
------------------------

Alun replied - cheers :tu:
I've had the same problem as well. It also seems to be affecting Hotmail.

I have contacted NTL and they have admitted there is a fault in the area.

In the meantime they have advised me to set up a proxy server in Internet Explorer. Address = 213.107.224.4 Port = 8080

This now allows Ebay and Hotmail to work fine. They said the problem should get fixed in a couple of days, and at that point you can remove the proxy setting.

Hope this helps.

Martin
09-07-2003, 23:37
I would have said it sounds like a proxy issue, used to have them all the time.:(