PDA

View Full Version : CUPS Printing

dilli-theclaw
09-07-2003, 20:13
Can anyone please PLEASE help me?

I am trying to get my HP Deskjet 840c to print on my filerserver machine (Which runs XP)

I am running Mandrake 9.1 on this machine.

I've run the cups wizard which detects the printer on the windows machine just fine....

But when I try and print nothing comes out the other end - no errors or anything.

Any advice would be a great help.

Please remember I am a NEWBIE with LINUX - so assume I know nothing at all about it:D

I am impressed with it overall and managed to get the nvidia drivers working and have set up the home network ok...

It would be a shame to let this one little thing stop me from using it.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Ramrod
09-07-2003, 20:22
Can't help you m8 ( I'm having the same problem with my HP deskjet694c on XP) but I do like your sig, impressive:)

Gogogo
09-07-2003, 20:57
This is just a guess, but it's not clear whether your 840c is running through XP if it is have tried updating the 840c software through Microsoft, my 840c was previously directed through Win98 so when i bought new hardware with XP i was able to update the printers software.

:eek:

dilli-theclaw
09-07-2003, 21:07
Originally posted by Gogogo
This is just a guess, but it's not clear whether your 840c is running through XP if it is have tried updating the 840c software through Microsoft, my 840c was previously directed through Win98 so when i bought new hardware with XP i was able to update the printers software.

:eek:

Yup - the printer is actually plugged into the XP machine. And has the latest Microsoft drivers installed for it.

Thanks for the hints people :)

I will get it sorted eventually - it's driving me nuts right now.

dilli-theclaw
09-07-2003, 22:44
..... Update .....

After MUCH messing around..... And hair pulling.

It turns out the printer was paused no the windows machine.

No notification of this or anything - GRRRR

Anyway - I cleared it and it then spat out all the stuff that i had been trying to print for the last two days :)

It's all ok now :)

Just got to get Java going so I can use the chat room on here and I'm finished

Gogogo
09-07-2003, 22:52
Well done dilligaf1701, now you can celebrate the happy event!

:wavey: