PDA

View Full Version : cannot access account?

Scrubbs
01-03-2004, 11:13
Got a letter from "Neil Hartwell" saying I owe them £45, ring this number
so... I ring the number quoting the account number
"I'm sorry I don't recognise that account I'll put you through to someone else"
Me, "Ok"
next person "I'm sorry I don't recognise that account I'll put you through to someone else"
Me " err hang on..what..

next person "I'm sorry I don't recognise that account I'll put you through to someone else"

Me " WHOA... ALL STOP...I would like to speak to Neil Hartwell"
"who?"
"The person who wrote the letter"
"Don't know him"
"well...can you access my accounts?
"OK whats your post code?"

So this goes on for some time till eventually we come to the conclusion that he (Glyn) doesn't know what the account is or what the £45 is for

The only clue I have got is I changed from the full package of tv to sport and documentrys

anyone throw some light on the subject please?

gavnad
01-03-2004, 17:20
hi scrubbs,

neil hartwell letters refer to dial up/sacm accounts and not any telephone tv services

the number quoted on the letter should be correct cannot see any reason why you should need to be transferred may be worthwhile expalining its for an internet account (sabs)

as regards neil hartwell himself i believe he's the collections manager (although don't quote me) so no need to speak with him directly (as if you could!)

Scrubbs
01-03-2004, 17:36
thanks gavnad

I will wait until 4 march when I was assured someone will be able to access the account

gavnad
01-03-2004, 18:15
yeh good point i'm enjoying a couple of days off myself..................services hopefully back to normal wednesday fingers crossed.

if your wondering why you may owe £45.00 could be one of two or three things...either your Credit/Debit card has expired or number has changed new card?

or Direct debit has been cancelled

best of luck m8

Scrubbs
01-03-2004, 18:24
The thing, is as far as i know my BB account is paid with either the phone or the telly bill?
I haven't had dail up for at least a year (I think)

gavnad
01-03-2004, 18:57
depends how u regged the bb account then?

if your being billed via your telephone account it looks very much like you didnt close the dial up when regging the bb account

its a common thing for cmrs to have a dial up and bb account without realising the dial up is still active

have to be careful if it is the dial up account because if they close it you cant access your emails assuming you use your ntlworld addy?

best to change to 1p a minute once youve settled the outstanding...as long as your your happy to do so of cpurse

Scrubbs
01-03-2004, 19:07
I seem to remember about 4 months after i cancelled dailup I got a bill for the 4 months I didn't have it!
It's all in the distant past but It all got sorted then( or so I thought)
Oh well... all will be revealed on wednesday(If I'm still here)