PDA

View Full Version : Carling cup final

bopdude
29-02-2004, 12:39
Not my sport of choice but just to wish " The Boro " good luck today, can't watch it as I am on my way to work in Blackpool soon but I will have it on the radio :)

timewarrior2001
29-02-2004, 12:47
Not my sport of choice but just to wish " The Boro " good luck today, can't watch it as I am on my way to work in Blackpool soon but I will have it on the radio :)
As a Boro Fan I thankyou.

I would also like to wish the best of luck to any Bolton fans out there, and I hope its a fair and clean game.

May the better team on the day win.

grum1978
29-02-2004, 12:56
Come on Boro I think we have waited long enough for this :D

should be a cracking game abt to go and watch it down the pub

sir_drinks_alot
29-02-2004, 13:11
Come on Boro I think we have waited long enough for this :D

should be a cracking game abt to go and watch it down the pub
it won't me 4th time lucky for Boro as bolton will win

paulyoung666
29-02-2004, 13:29
it won't me 4th time lucky for Boro as bolton will win

nope sorry , up the boro :D :D :D :D

TigaSefi
29-02-2004, 14:20
lol Bolton are all over the place, pity they ain't like that against Liverpool......

sir_drinks_alot
29-02-2004, 14:22
Bolton ain't out of it yet :D

paulyoung666
29-02-2004, 14:51
boro 2-1 up at half time , come on the boro , end to end stuff , gonna be a good second half i reckon :D :D :D :D :D

paulyoung666
29-02-2004, 16:20
boro 2-1 up at half time , come on the boro , end to end stuff , gonna be a good second half i reckon :D :D :D :D :D

and it is a win , UP THE BORO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DrAwesome
29-02-2004, 16:28

Thats very good news for middlesboro' & the region :cool:

Tricky
29-02-2004, 16:29
Only saw the 1st 35 minutes or so, saw the goals - great game - well done boro.
PS. Liverpool should still sell Owen (Off Topic i know)

Bex
29-02-2004, 16:41

oh good grum will be in a good mood :D

was it a good match?

DrAwesome
29-02-2004, 16:47
Only saw the 1st 35 minutes or so, saw the goals - great game - well done boro.

Carling Cup Final
Bolton 1 ----- Middlesbrough 2 FT
Davies 21 .... Job 2 . Zenden pen 7

Attend: 72,634 Half-time: 1-2

Pity Juninho didnt score

Bolton v Boro Minute-By-Minute (http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cups/worthingtoncup/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/04/02/29/manual_160037.html)

grum1978
29-02-2004, 16:51
oh good grum will be in a good mood :D

was it a good match?I am indeed in a good mood :D :D :D

I have to say that it was one of the best cup finals i have ever watched really entertaining stuff. A great advert for English football and a fantastic result for Boro.

I personally think we have one of the best chairmen in the country he has done wonders for the club, so thank you Mr Gibson :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sir_drinks_alot
29-02-2004, 16:53
well done Middlesbrough on winning the "League cup"

paulyoung666
29-02-2004, 16:53
I am indeed in a good mood :D :D :D

I have to say that it was one of the best cup finals i have ever watched really entertaining stuff. A great advert for English football and a fantastic result for Boro.

I personally think we have one of the best chairmen in the country he has done wonders for the club, so thank you Mr Gibson :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

and i would second that , really good end to end game , up the boro :D :D :D :D :D

paulyoung666
29-02-2004, 16:55
well done Middlesbrough on winning the "League cup"

i hope there is no point to your "" , i am sure there isnt :D :D :D :D :D

timewarrior2001
29-02-2004, 17:14
Well what can I say?
128 Years and we have finally done it.

Congrats to Steve Gibson and the lads at the Boro.

Juninho, you said you'd win us a trophy and by god you were right.

Joseph Job, your futures bright your futures on Teesside.

Zenden, well lest hope we do make your move permanent, excellent display.

Mendietta, excellent game.

To the Bolton fans, excellent game, well fought.

paulyoung666
29-02-2004, 17:17
Well what can I say?
128 Years and we have finally done it.

Congrats to Steve Gibson and the lads at the Boro.

Juninho, you said you'd win us a trophy and by god you were right.

Joseph Job, your futures bright your futures on Teesside.

Zenden, well lest hope we do make your move permanent, excellent display.

Mendietta, excellent game.

To the Bolton fans, excellent game, well fought.

and i will second that , up the boro :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Atomic22
29-02-2004, 17:29
good result for boro.....about time they paid something back to their chairman

paulyoung666
29-02-2004, 17:40
good result for boro.....about time they paid something back to their chairman

gibson :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy: , not really , ok so he has provided the money , but who has provided the team ???????????????????? , and who was man of the match today ????????????? . ws it juninho , if it wasnt it should have been :D :D :D :D :D :D

Scrubbs
29-02-2004, 17:44
Errr anyone know a good cabinet maker?

sir_drinks_alot
29-02-2004, 17:44
well there's going to be a lot of :beer:and this :drunk: in Middlesbrough
and in the mornig some :sick:
but this :fit: and:cry: with some :sulk: in Bolton

grum1978
29-02-2004, 17:52
I will certainly be having a fewe drinks to celebrate tonight, would of had some during the game but felt a bit delicate from last night :)

Paul to answer your question Steve Gibosn has provided the team he is a god and the saviour of the club. Think back to when he took charge of the club it was a bloody mess, now we have a lovely stadium and great training facilities.

This cup win means so much to so many ppl on teesside and all Boro supporters the country over. I will admit that i did shed a tear of happiness when the final whistle went. :D:D

paulyoung666
29-02-2004, 17:55
I will certainly be having a fewe drinks to celebrate tonight, would of had some during the game but felt a bit delicate from last night :)

Paul to answer your question Steve Gibosn has provided the team he is a god and the saviour of the club. Think back to when he took charge of the club it was a bloody mess, now we have a lovely stadium and great training facilities.

This cup win means so much to so many ppl on teesside and all Boro supporters the country over. I will admit that i did shed a tear of happiness when the final whistle went. :D:D

sorry , you are not wrong about gibson , too many sherbets flying about :D :D :D :D

sir_drinks_alot
29-02-2004, 17:59

This cup win means so much to so many ppl on teesside and all Boro supporters the country over. I will admit that i did shed a tear of happiness when the final whistle went. :D:Di know how happy you are my team Oxford United won it back
in 86 Middlesbrough are in to europe now :eek: :spin: :eek: :spin: :tu:

paulyoung666
29-02-2004, 18:11
i know how happy you are my team Oxford United won it back
in 86 Middlesbrough are in to europe now :eek: :spin: :eek: :spin: :tu:

champions leaugue next season :D :D :D :D :D :D

Marge
29-02-2004, 18:14
champions leaugue next season :D :D :D :D :D :D

:rolleyes: well stranger things have happened :rofl:

Well done Boro, as a neutral wasn't bothered who won so long as it wasn't either the Scousers or any London team winning a trophy :tu:

grum1978
29-02-2004, 19:28
Can someone from Teesside thats coming to the meet in April do me a favour please.

Can you get me a copy of the sovenier cup pullout that will be in the local paper and i will buy you 2 drinks :D :pp

29-02-2004, 19:32
As i lived in Boro for 17 years i must say UP THE BORO!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done to the lads, not my sport of choice but i still like to hear they have won a match :)

timewarrior2001
01-03-2004, 08:40
Can someone from Teesside thats coming to the meet in April do me a favour please.

Can you get me a copy of the sovenier cup pullout that will be in the local paper and i will buy you 2 drinks :D :pp
Grum, If I can get hold of a spare one I'll post one to you.

handyman
01-03-2004, 09:10

I'll get you a copy G :)

grum1978
01-03-2004, 09:37
cheers ppl :D

iadom
01-03-2004, 10:25
I have to say that it was one of the best cup finals i have ever watched really entertaining stuff. A great advert for English football
Just a pity that only 7 Englishmen started the match and even fewer finished it,
still Southgate won the man of the match so an English player did win that.
Enjoyable game, well done 'brough.:cool:
Just hope that the England cricketers out in the Windies don't take fielding lessons from Mark Schwarzer.:rofl:

timewarrior2001
01-03-2004, 15:11
Just a pity that only 7 Englishmen started the match and even fewer finished it,
still Southgate won the man of the match so an English player did win that.
Enjoyable game, well done 'brough.:cool:
Just hope that the England cricketers out in the Windies don't take fielding lessons from Mark Schwarzer.:rofl:
I thought bolo zenden got MotM

paulyoung666
01-03-2004, 15:15
I thought bolo zenden got MotM

he did :)

iadom
01-03-2004, 15:33
I thought bolo zenden got MotMNot in the Daily Telegraph.:)

paulyoung666
01-03-2004, 16:06
Not in the Daily Telegraph.:)

who did then :confused:

iadom
01-03-2004, 16:08
who did then :confused:EERRRRR, post #34 :D That was only their opinion, but who am I to argue.

BBKing
01-03-2004, 16:22
Just hope that the England cricketers out in the Windies don't take fielding lessons from Mark Schwarze

Be nice if his fellow Australians do though :)

Well done Boro on winning something (anything) finally, Europe next year could be interesting. Southgate looked a good MOTM to me, very calm and underrated footballer.