PDA

View Full Version : Still Can't get email

TigaSefi
20-06-2003, 23:11
Hi, I still can't get my emails on Outlook or webmail.... Is this still an ongoing problem ? Can I sort out in any way ? It been like a week and half now.

Paul K
20-06-2003, 23:13
What are your settings for smtp and pop? Do you get an error message at all?

poolking
20-06-2003, 23:13
E-mails are working ok in my area.

Paul K
20-06-2003, 23:14
Might want to check the server status page, seems to be problems again in some areas.
Though strangely the link to further info doesn't work for me ;)

TigaSefi
20-06-2003, 23:15
pop.ntlworld.com and smtp.ntlworld.com. I am in the bromley area. It sends fine then hangs on when connecting to the pop to get mail..... like for ever then times out.

williams6g
20-06-2003, 23:24
This afternoon they had reported to have finished purging Server 1 & 2 and were working on server 3, but still another 3 servers to go. Hopefully to be fully completed by end july with all servers. just a case of keep trying for now sorry.

Paul K
20-06-2003, 23:25
No error message then times out? Hellooooooooo NTL email issues :( Can't remember the last time I picked up email without problems for more than a week. Seems like there's always something going on with it.

TigaSefi
20-06-2003, 23:27
With Webmail. It is VERY slow but I get there in the end. I just found out they hadn't accepted my payment for Harry Potter at Amazon... grrrrr now it fixed I prolly get it sometime next week now...... me sings la la la la for the rest of the week.

homealone
20-06-2003, 23:31
Originally posted by Paul
No error message then times out? Hellooooooooo NTL email issues :( Can't remember the last time I picked up email without problems for more than a week. Seems like there's always something going on with it.

increase your timeout default if you can.

If you are getting the password issue then wot I said doesn't seem to be a cure?

Gaz

Paul K
20-06-2003, 23:35
Normally time outs mate, doesn't bother me really. I check back later. Had the occasional password error when NTL's servers have thrown a fit.
My emails working fine for a change tonight, sorry TigaSefi.

TigaSefi
20-06-2003, 23:37
it not a worry..... i'll just hammer the servers till i get in on the webmail.

Paul K
20-06-2003, 23:42
Originally posted by TigaSefi
it not a worry..... i'll just hammer the servers till i get in on the webmail.
Use a big hammer;) or plastic explosives. Whatever takes your fancy :naughty:

handyman
tiga, i heard that the email would not be sorted till the end of the month. Did not here which month though :)

homealone
Originally posted by Paul
Normally time outs mate, doesn't bother me really. I check back later. Had the occasional password error when NTL's servers have thrown a fit.
My emails working fine for a change tonight, sorry TigaSefi.

"normal" timeout is 1 minute - if you are allocated a "bad" server changing this to e.g. 5 minutes can help.

bl**dy pain waiting, though! :)

Gaz

TigaSefi
21-06-2003, 00:00
How do I increase the time out in Office 2003 or XP ?

XFS03
21-06-2003, 00:55
Originally posted by TigaSefi
How do I increase the time out in Office 2003 or XP ?
In OE, click on tools/accounts then the 'mail' tab. Click on the account you want to change, then click on 'properties'. Click on the 'advanced' tab. There should be a slider bar called 'server timeouts' set to 1 min. Slide the bar along to your chosen time.

Buzzby
21-06-2003, 23:57
:smokin:

I asked for help for my mail the other day, I got answer from within NTL. Download what you can then with telling him my e-mail addy + password he purged my a/c's.
All was sorted thanks to the man ( anonymous in wales ) my mail is now OK.
Ask & ye will be helped.

Buzzby.
:smokin:

bo-peep
22-06-2003, 13:18
i'm getting mine but that password box still keeps popping up.altered the send/receive times in outlook the other week.is it going to be sorted and wot can i do in the meantime? i used to have outlook open all the time

Chris
23-06-2003, 12:20
Hey, an email thread! Now I really feel at home.

If we're busy importing some of the suggested fixes discussed on the old nthw.com site, I can recommend diverting your ntlworld.com email addresses to another one, if you have one that is! You can apparently use Yahoo or Hotmail, although I have a separate paid-for email service that works just fine.

The ntlhome page that allows you to set up forwarding is here (http://selfcare.ntlworld.com/cgi-bin/frontend)

Just try not to fall over laughing at the page's introduction:

ntlworld offers its subscribers an enhanced electronic mail service.

:cry:

Martin
23-06-2003, 19:02
My email has been a bit hit and miss but i was told to increase the timeout and it solved the prob, just takes time.:)

iadom
23-06-2003, 19:12
E mail just gone on the blink after two weeks without problems, should I be annoyed at the loss of service, or just satisfied that it worked for so long.:rolleyes: :(

poolking
23-06-2003, 19:27
Originally posted by iadom
E mail just gone on the blink after two weeks without problems, should I be annoyed at the loss of service, or just satisfied that it worked for so long.:rolleyes: :(

The most mail I'm getting is from this forum, about 600 a day. :)

Martin
23-06-2003, 19:28
Originally posted by iadom

Anything is better than nothing i guess, but i still get annoyed.:(