PDA

View Full Version : Counterstrike, Battlefield 1942, Call of duty

MadGamer
26-02-2004, 19:40
Hi, i didn't know wheather to put this in the PC Clan forum so i put it i here. The only Counterstrike game i could find was Here. (http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10348&mid=269780)

If this is not the one, what one are you guys refferring to?

Is Battlefield 1942 anygood? can you post what you think. Also could you give opinions on call of duty?

WNA

Bifta
26-02-2004, 19:45
LOL, you're "organising" the clan but don't own any of the games.

Anyway, BF1942 is great, you can get it cheap on Ebay, you can get Half Life Generations on play.com for £9.99 which has Counterstrike included and Call of Duty is also VERY good, recommend getting that from Ebay too. The game you're referring to is obviously not the game people are playing on account of it not actually having been released yet. On top of which, apparently there's very little to seperate it from he original CS.

MadGamer
26-02-2004, 19:47
LOL, you're "organising" the clan but don't own any of the games.

Anyway, BF1942 is great, you can get it cheap on Ebay, you can get Half Life Generations on play.com for £9.99 which has Counterstrike included and Call of Duty is also VERY good, recommend getting that from Ebay too. The game you're referring to is obviously not the game people are playing on account of it not actually having been released yet. On top of which, apparently there's very little to seperate it from he original CS. The reason i ask is not only for the clan but its also my birthday on the 15th of March as well. So what CS game are you guys talking about?

Bifta
26-02-2004, 19:53
The reason i ask is not only for the clan but its also my birthday on the 15th of March as well. So what CS game are you guys talking about?

CS = Counterstrike, an addon for Half Life, CSCZ is Counterstrike Condition Zero, a new commercial standalone release of Counterstrike which hasn't been released yet.

http://www.counter-strike.net/

2||Para
26-02-2004, 19:57
Errr you dont need to buy Counter-Strike as its now a free download with the introduction of CS 1.6

Get it here www.steampowered.com

KingPhoenix
26-02-2004, 20:04
WTF????

Thats steam!!!

Isnt that like another version of GaySpy? but purely for the CS games?

Bifta
26-02-2004, 20:06
Errr you dont need to buy Counter-Strike as its now a free download with the introduction of CS 1.6

Get it here www.steampowered.com

You still HAVE to have a legit CD key for Half Life or Counterstrike to install it, I tried it yesterday, and Counterstrike has ALWAYS been free as a mod so long as you have a valid Half Life installation.

2||Para
26-02-2004, 20:24
ROFL ive been playing cs for 5 years you do not need a key!!

Its a free game CS in it's previous form no longer exists no WONID database.It is now run by Steam and IS available as a free download.

The CS i believe you refer to is maybe for XBox. :naughty:

philip.j.fry
26-02-2004, 20:46
You still HAVE to have a legit CD key for Half Life or Counterstrike to install it, I tried it yesterday, and Counterstrike has ALWAYS been free as a mod so long as you have a valid Half Life installation.

I installed steam as well, whilst installing it did ask for a CounterStrike cd key. However, I input my Half-Life key and it worked with no problems.

From looking around, I could only upgrade CS to 1.5 from the net, to get it up to 1.6 I had to sign up with steam. So I think you can probably still download it, but then have to join steam to get the latest version.

Bifta
26-02-2004, 21:08
ROFL ive been playing cs for 5 years you do not need a key!!

Its a free game CS in it's previous form no longer exists no WONID database.It is now run by Steam and IS available as a free download.

The CS i believe you refer to is maybe for XBox. :naughty:

You're talking arse mate, I downloaded Steam from steampowered yesterday and tried to install CS, it asks for a CD key, as I said before you need either a valid Half Life or CS key .. and look, don't believe me? Another member concurs. And no-one here is talking about CS (or CSCZ) for the Xbox.

philip.j.fry
26-02-2004, 21:11
To WNA, basically, just find a copy of Half-Life: Generations for the PC and it will have everything you need to get started with CounterStrike :)

Bifta
26-02-2004, 21:14
To WNA, basically, just find a copy of Half-Life: Generations for the PC and it will have everything you need to get started with CounterStrike :)

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=102356

MadGamer
26-02-2004, 22:14
To WNA, basically, just find a copy of Half-Life: Generations for the PC and it will have everything you need to get started with CounterStrike :) Thank you. A cool 3 games in one. I know CS is included nut do i have to download anything extra? Oh an BTW a real bargin!

Bifta
26-02-2004, 22:58
Thank you. A cool 3 games in one. I know CS is included nut do i have to download anything extra? Oh an BTW a real bargin!

You'll probably have to download 100's of megabytes worth of patches, other than that no.

philip.j.fry
26-02-2004, 23:07
You'll probably have to download 100's of megabytes worth of patches, other than that no.

I had HL:Generations from about 2000, the updates for me were around ~250mb, I would imagine that if you bought it now it would be a later version so less stuff to download?

26-02-2004, 23:10
FORGET BF1942......get the desert Combat mod for it OMG it pwnz ya a$$

you guys start playing BF1942:DC ill join the clan :)

Bifta
26-02-2004, 23:31
FORGET BF1942......get the desert Combat mod for it OMG it pwnz ya a$$

you guys start playing BF1942:DC ill join the clan :)

I got the new version of DC today, much better than the first version I tried, less lag on the servers and more vehicles

skyblueheroes
27-02-2004, 06:51
Would recommend BF1942.

It like you get dropped into a battle and it goes on around you, whether or not you get involved.

You can fly planes and drive vehicles too.

Great game.

secular
27-02-2004, 07:45
Thank you. A cool 3 games in one. I know CS is included nut do i have to download anything extra? Oh an BTW a real bargin!
That version of cs on that is worthless:monkey: . Install Half Life then visit www.steampowered.com (http://www.steampowered.com) and download the steam client. It'll update you to the correct version of counter strike. If a green window pops up enter the same key as to unlock Half Life.

Get practising, if need help with anything use www.forumplanet.com/countersrtike (http://www.forumplanet.com/countersrtike) :)

27-02-2004, 08:22
Would recommend BF1942.

It like you get dropped into a battle and it goes on around you, whether or not you get involved.

You can fly planes and drive vehicles too.

Great game.
try desert combat..its a mod for BF1942 which makes it more "uptodate" modern weps and vehicles :D:D:D

Bifta
27-02-2004, 09:30
That version of cs on that is worthless:monkey: . Install Half Life then visit www.steampowered.com (http://www.steampowered.com) and download the steam client. It'll update you to the correct version of counter strike. If a green window pops up enter the same key as to unlock Half Life.

Get practising, if need help with anything use www.forumplanet.com/countersrtike (http://www.forumplanet.com/countersrtike) :)

It's £9.99, and Half Life on play is £7.99 so whether you install CS or not or just use your HL key to download CS via Steam it's still a decent price considering you get Blueshift with it.

Bifta
27-02-2004, 09:31
try desert combat..its a mod for BF1942 which makes it more "uptodate" modern weps and vehicles :D:D:D

LOL .. did you miss the posts about DC?

skyblueheroes
27-02-2004, 09:39
LOL .. did you miss the posts about DC?

I did why ?? I had it installed on a ahem....copy of BF1942, but not got it since I got a legit version.

Not got R2Rome or Secret Weapons as yet.

Bifta
27-02-2004, 10:33
I did why ?? I had it installed on a ahem....copy of BF1942, but not got it since I got a legit version.

Not got R2Rome or Secret Weapons as yet.

You're not missing much with the expansions, apart from the Jet Pack in SW, the two best free mods are DC and Eve of Destruction (which I'm downloading atm)

philip.j.fry
27-02-2004, 11:02
It's £9.99, and Half Life on play is £7.99 so whether you install CS or not or just use your HL key to download CS via Steam it's still a decent price considering you get Blueshift with it.

I paid £15 for Blueshift when that came out, what a waste of money that was :(

skyblueheroes
27-02-2004, 13:26
You're not missing much with the expansions, apart from the Jet Pack in SW, the two best free mods are DC and Eve of Destruction (which I'm downloading atm)

Have played DC but not EofD. Whats that all about ?

Bifta
27-02-2004, 13:27
Have played DC but not EofD. Whats that all about ?

Indochina war, haven't installed it yet but it looks impressive from the screenshots and people rave about it.