PDA

View Full Version : Not quite right with NTL SMTP

eastwind
26-02-2004, 17:22
It seems to me the NTL Smtp is selectively not sending emails to some accounts or other ISP is blocking mail from NTL.

I opened an account with gawab.com, emails sent from ntl smtp do not get there at all, tested gawab.com with yahoo email, got there ok. Sending email from ntl to my yahoo account presents not problem. It is just mail to gawab.com. Anybody can shed light on this?

threadbare
26-02-2004, 18:20
It seems to me the NTL Smtp is selectively not sending emails to some accounts or other ISP is blocking mail from NTL.

I opened an account with gawab.com, emails sent from ntl smtp do not get there at all, tested gawab.com with yahoo email, got there ok. Sending email from ntl to my yahoo account presents not problem. It is just mail to gawab.com. Anybody can shed light on this?if there is some sort of problem you should get some kind of undeliverable messaage - can you post it?

eastwind
26-02-2004, 18:22
if there is some sort of problem you should get some kind of undeliverable messaage - can you post it?
Nothing was bounced back.

eastwind
01-03-2004, 06:55
Nothing was bounced back.
Update!!

Bounced email arrived after 4 days!!! Here it is....do you think ntl has been blocked? as test email sent from other accounts are still arriving with no problems.

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was
not reachable within the allowed queue period. The amount of time
a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configura-
tion parameters.

Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but
it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not
have a mail system running right now.

Your message was not delivered within 4 days.
Host gawab.com is not responding.

The following recipients did not receive this message:

<xxxx@gawab.com (xxxx@gawab.com)>

Please reply to Postmaster@ntlworld.com (Postmaster@ntlworld.com)
if you feel this message to be in error.

blackthorn
01-03-2004, 08:57
Thats exactly the same reply I got when I sent an email to a member from this site. The odd thing with mine was, I got that reply at the same time as the member answered my email. So in one batch of emails I get an undeliverable reply but it must have been delivered cause he replied.

Paul
01-03-2004, 09:33
The message means that the NTL SMTP server could not contact the gawab SMTP server to pass the message on.

I have tried it from my home connection and get the following;

558 Your network address is blacklisted, this means that your network range or your server is in our blacklist. If you think you were added by mistake, please send us just an empty email from your blocked email address to blocked@gawab.biz and we will investigate this issue and remove your domain from our blacklist immediately if we found no spam reports associated with your SMTP IP. If you have an email account within our service and getting this message while trying to send from our SMTP service , please make sure your outgoing server is smtp.gawab.com

So it *may* be that NTL's server is blacklisted as well. :)

shin0r
02-03-2004, 12:32
They might be using SpamCop to identify spammers. There was another thread recently on this forum regarding this - SpamCop had identified NTL as a spammer due to the volume of mails sent from it's mtas - utterly insane, as the NTL mtas will *always* send huge amounts of mail every day.

You'd probably be best off speaking with the admins at gawab, and see if they can shed more light.

cheers

eastwind
02-03-2004, 16:52
They might be using SpamCop to identify spammers. There was another thread recently on this forum regarding this - SpamCop had identified NTL as a spammer due to the volume of mails sent from it's mtas - utterly insane, as the NTL mtas will *always* send huge amounts of mail every day.

You'd probably be best off speaking with the admins at gawab, and see if they can shed more light.

cheers
Yes, I have emailed Gawab but they have not replied yet. Simple solution is remember not to use ntlworld to email anybody with gawab account.:shrug: