PDA

View Full Version : Thailand's gaming curfew

Boom
09-07-2003, 11:32
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=1899

This is so funny. Can you imagine this done here? I'd be so p*ssed!

Steve H
09-07-2003, 12:45
LMFAO

Freedom?.. Thats surely not allowed, That properley sucks.

Nor
09-07-2003, 12:50
When will folk learn banning something just makes it more popular. All the crime and murder in the world these days and they'll have police breaking down doors cos someone is playing tetris at 11pm :)

jabbauk
09-07-2003, 13:43
give NTL more ideas on how to make us cut back on internet usage why don`t you :)

kronas
09-07-2003, 13:45
the asian countries have problems with addictions to online gaming its pretty big in asia people have died through long sessions of it.............

Boom
09-07-2003, 14:25
I hear the argument they make about preventing ppl from having overdoses of gaming, but just as many people probably die from skiing (or other common activities, like driving) yet no one bans that.

IMO, a person is entitled to make a choice that's all.

I just see all the EverCrack ppl heading down for a rampage in Westminster if a similar law was ever passed here.

Martin
09-07-2003, 14:29
Originally posted by kronas
the asian countries have problems with addictions to online gaming its pretty big in asia people have died through long sessions of it.............

Wasn't there am man a couple of years back who did 48 gaming none stop? He died because he didn't eat or drink. Talk about being commited.

Steve H
09-07-2003, 14:39
Point being, Its entirely our own fecking decision if we play or not. Jeeez, they'l be telling us when we have to pee next :@

TigaSefi
09-07-2003, 14:49
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
Point being, Its entirely our own fecking decision if we play or not. Jeeez, they'l be telling us when we have to pee next :@

They are :)

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=19134#post19134

Boom
09-07-2003, 14:51
LMAO. :D

kronas
10-07-2003, 21:43
Originally posted by Martin
Wasn't there am man a couple of years back who did 48 gaming none stop? He died because he didn't eat or drink. Talk about being commited.

proberbly but there have been others who have died due to excessive continuous gaming sessions

yeah and the ban is not right freedom is the key and its everyones choice to die..ooops i mean have heavy gaming sessions to suit them :)

Niles Crane
10-07-2003, 21:52
I remember, there was an American guy a couple of years ago who died from excessive EverQuest playing, died infront of his PC. His mother then sued Verant (or Sony Online Entertainment as they're now known), didnt get anywhere though.

Then there were lots of news reports on CNN, Fox etc about the game.
There was a segment on Richard and Judy earlier this year about EverQuest, they even requested players from a forum i visited, to be part of the show and give info on their experiences. "Soccer Mom Syndrome" seems to have spread far and wide.