PDA

View Full Version : Digi camera pics

HornetUK
08-07-2003, 20:23
Is it normal for my digi camera pics when developed in 6x4 by Boots to have a few mm off the top and bottom, yet when viewed on PC that top & bottom are there?

Thanks

Tricky
08-07-2003, 20:27
Yes - I found the same happened to me to my mistake after some carefull planning to get a white border around the image (I.e. like an old photo) and found I had borders left and right and a minute one on the top and bottom...

Lady appologised and gave me a voucher to get 40 prints done free of charge, which was great as the 10 I got done were free with a Fuji voucher anyway!

Top service boots

Also found the colour quality was not as good as I can get at home (a little dark) which if you use them often you can compensate for...

paulyoung666
08-07-2003, 21:15
Originally posted by Tricky
Yes - I found the same happened to me to my mistake after some carefull planning to get a white border around the image (I.e. like an old photo) and found I had borders left and right and a minute one on the top and bottom...

Lady appologised and gave me a voucher to get 40 prints done free of charge, which was great as the 10 I got done were free with a Fuji voucher anyway!

Top service boots

Also found the colour quality was not as good as I can get at home (a little dark) which if you use them often you can compensate for...

con merchant :rolleyes:

i must admit i aint had any processed at boots , but i have given up printing them at home , the cost of the ink and paper was doing my head in , imho opinion i find it better to save them to cd-r and show them through the dvd player , sort of a modern day boring family slideshow :D :D :D :D

Tricky
08-07-2003, 21:24
Originally posted by paulyoung666
con merchant :rolleyes:

I was conning no one, Boots understood that I hadn't paid for the first batch and were happy to give me 40 more images. Guess there are still some companies who look after their customers. I still use them every now and then usually due to the cost of doing it myself.

paulyoung666
08-07-2003, 21:25
I was conning no one, Boots understood that I hadn't paid for the first batch and were happy to give me 40 more images. Guess there are still some companies who look after their customers. I still use them every now and then usually due to the cost of doing it myself.

it was a joke mate , sorry i forgot the laughing smilie of the end of my post , i would have done the same as you btw :Peace: :)

Martin
08-07-2003, 22:04
I always use Max Speilman:) The cost of film being developed at Boots is to costly. Also whenever I have gone to Boots I'm always sucked into the I'll have them done in an hour lark because I'm in town and it'll save me another journey.

Theodoric
08-07-2003, 22:44

imho opinion i find it better to save them to cd-r and show them through the dvd player , sort of a modern day boring family slideshow :D :D :D :D
Yes, but surely you lose lots of opportunities to bore the relatives to death with your holiday snaps. You can't really visit them and whip out a DVD the same as you can do with an album. :)

paulyoung666
08-07-2003, 22:47
Originally posted by Theodoric
Yes, but surely you lose lots of opportunities to bore the relatives to death with your holiday snaps. You can't really visit them and whip out a DVD the same as you can do with an album. :)

fair point but as more people have dvd players then i have more chance to bore them to death ;) :p :p :p

Tricky
08-07-2003, 23:43
it was a joke mate , sorry i forgot the laughing smilie of the end of my post , i would have done the same as you btw :Peace: :)

None taken ... and yes when I found the 10 images free from Fuji in a sunday paper I went to my local newsagent and asked for any copies of the mags with the voucher (they only send the paper back for refunds!)

Ramrod
08-07-2003, 23:47
I use Jessops....very good service:)

paulyoung666
08-07-2003, 23:47
None taken ... and yes when I found the 10 images free from Fuji in a sunday paper I went to my local newsagent and asked for any copies of the mags with the voucher (they only send the paper back for refunds!)

nice one mate , sort of thing i would have done :) :) :)

Delta Whiskey
09-07-2003, 18:29
I'm prepared to be wrong here (wouldn't be the first time :-) ).
Isn't it to do with the aspect ratio. My digital camera captures images at 2048 x 1536, if you scale this to standard photo sizes you get: 10.67in x 8in, 7in x 5.25in & 6in x 4.50in.

SMHarman
09-07-2003, 20:03
Different films have different aspect ratios.

APS print to the correct aspect ratios if you print at 4 in x 5 / 6 / 10.

35mm is correct at 4x6 this should increase to 5x7.5 but is normally 5x7 and next 6x8 again nearer 9.

HornetUK
09-07-2003, 21:53
Delta Whiskey I think thats the correct reason as my camera is also those settings.