PDA

View Full Version : Small window - make it grow

caveman
08-07-2003, 19:04
My IE has started to act strange. When I click a link and sometimes even opening IE itself, the window opens in minimised form. Where would the option be to always open window maximised. Or how else can I overcome this?

Ramrod
08-07-2003, 19:06
Originally posted by caveman
My IE has started to act strange. When I click a link and sometimes even opening IE itself, the window opens in minimised form. Where would the option be to always open window maximised. Or how else can I overcome this?
It used to happen to me, now it dosn't anymore....for no discernable reason :confused:.
I will keep an eye on this thread.....:)

kronas
08-07-2003, 19:09
have you tryed going to tools - internet options - advanced - restore defaults - in IE just a suggestion :)

Marko Ramius
08-07-2003, 19:24
When you click a link, IE will usually open in a window - that is, not maximized. At some point the window has been minimised and then closed so that setting has been saved. Hence your problem.
To remedy this, maximize IE and change it into a window by selecting restore down from the top right corner, then drag the windows edges so that it fills the screen or whatever size you want, close it to save the setting. Next open IE again and click the maximize icon and close it again. Re-open and when you click a link it should open a new window at the size you dragged it out to earlier.
If you have a shortcut to IE rather than the main desktop icon you could also set the shortcuts' properties to 'maximized'.
Hope this isn't too confusing!

caveman
08-07-2003, 20:55
You're the man Marko. Surprising how one can create these little problems without knowing how. Then spend an eternity trying to remedy it. Thank God for these forums.

Martin
08-07-2003, 21:09
I had this prob a bit back and it drove me mad for ages. It so easy to solve when you know how.;)

poolking
08-07-2003, 21:18
Originally posted by caveman

Get a grow bag, stick the cd in the bag and voila, the windows should start to grow. :D

Marko Ramius
09-07-2003, 19:36
Originally posted by poolking
Get a grow bag, stick the cd in the bag and voila, the windows should start to grow. :D

Sorry, I forgot about that one!:D

Glad it worked caveman.