PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Switching to SACM (ex C&W)

N00N00
20-02-2004, 18:57
i am switching to SACM, but as with everything NTL related it doesn't seem very simple.

Do I really have to have 2 seperate bills? (one for the broadband and one for the telephone) - i only had one in the past when I had the cable modem via the digibox with basepack, and it really makes life difficult having yet another derect debit to keep an eye on.

Also, will my username, PIN, password change etc?

i am starting a new 12 month contract with them so I get a free install and a month free rental, though i could perhaps renegotiate this if it casues extra problems.

any tips appreciated - the install is on Monday and i only just found out all these potential problems

Sociable
20-02-2004, 19:05
Welcome to NTHW NOONOO

AFAIK your existing account will be migrated to the new one as the only part to worry about is the main email address and password.

Dual billing seems to be a regional thing so that will depend on which area you are as I have a SACM and Phone but only receive one bill.

As for setting up the new connection that should be fairly straight forward as it will just be a case of registering the new Modem on the system.

Hope that helps.

N00N00
20-02-2004, 19:13
Welcome to NTHW NOONOO

AFAIK your existing account will be migrated to the new one as the only part to worry about is the main email address and password.

Dual billing seems to be a regional thing so that will depend on which area you are as I have a SACM and Phone but only receive one bill.

As for setting up the new connection that should be fairly straight forward as it will just be a case of registering the new Modem on the system.

Hope that helps.

thanks Sociable - I'm just trying to find out if NTL are messing me about necessairly or just for a laugh. Thanks for the welcome too, I have been here for a while though, just haven't really posted much. Used to post a nthellworld.com quite a bit until a certain company shut it down

Would be interested to see if there is anyone in my area (ex cwc, Peterborough) who gets a single bill for phone and Stand Alone cable Modem.

N00N00
21-02-2004, 21:46
any NTL boffins know whether I have to have seperate bills? If I have to have 2 bills will hte billing date be the same for both of them?

thanks

Florence
21-02-2004, 22:05
i am switching to SACM, but as with everything NTL related it doesn't seem very simple.

Do I really have to have 2 seperate bills? (one for the broadband and one for the telephone) - i only had one in the past when I had the cable modem via the digibox with basepack, and it really makes life difficult having yet another derect debit to keep an eye on.

i am starting a new 12 month contract with them so I get a free install and a month free rental, though i could perhaps renegotiate this if it casues extra problems.

any tips appreciated - the install is on Monday and i only just found out all these potential problems

I would PM Bill C (http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/member.php?u=1435) and ask him if he can arrange the change if you have been with NTL for more than a year see if he can pull any strings he is very good listener and extremely helpful.

Yes you will have a new password new website but your oldone will still work. New emails but your old ones will still work. I can recomend the change there is a difference I changed from STB to SACN and would never dream of going back.
Your SACM bill is done by email... I have seperate bills and now on two dates around a week apart. I am also ex C&W

dodgyboy
23-02-2004, 15:11
Hiya N00N00

Yep you do have to have 2 sep bills. 1 for the sacm and 1 for the TV/telephone.This is because the sacm is run from a different system to the STB BB you used to have.

Would be interested to see if there is anyone in my area (ex cwc, Peterborough) who gets a single bill for phone and Stand Alone cable Modem

Nobody in your area will have a sacm billed with TV/telephone.

As Kitty you will get a new email/webspace address but the old ones will still work too.

You should have been sent an new PIN to reg the sacm with!

brunobrookes
04-03-2004, 20:21
Both myself and a friend converted to SACM in ex-C&W areas recently and it seems we were both hit with a billing error... an "additional STB rent" payment has gone on our "main" bill, and personally I've never received any second bill covering the BB. Yet the separate payment is leaving the account. I have only just noticed this... pal phoned up, and apparently it's a "common problem"... keep meaning to ring up myself... S Manchester...

Anyway, for those changing to SACM, check your bills...

Florence
04-03-2004, 22:18
I also Live in Manchester and changed from STB to SACM. I didn't have any problems with bills. I also recieve a bill for the SACM over email the new primary email you was given with the SACM.

brunobrookes
04-03-2004, 23:01
Hmm, maybe I opted for e-mail bill, I can't remember. Def getting overcharged though.

Florence
05-03-2004, 00:32
Hmm, maybe I opted for e-mail bill, I can't remember. Def getting overcharged though.

You can't opt for it they bill has to come by emails tha tis the only way they are billing SACMs in our area.