PDA

View Full Version : What is going on?

ZoMBiE
20-02-2004, 16:11
I have serveral email accounts with ntl. i deleted one and created a new account.

the fact that the old one doesn't show up on the webmail doesn't mean it is not there. i cna still collect mail from the so called deleted account!

the new account i created i cannot poll for mail. what is going on!

paulyoung666
20-02-2004, 16:13
I have serveral email accounts with ntl. i deleted one and created a new account.

the fact that the old one doesn't show up on the webmail doesn't mean it is not there. i cna still collect mail from the so called deleted account!

how long ago did you you do this , i wonder if there is some time delay before everything clicks into place :)

:welcome: to the site btw , i hope you enjoy your stay :)

Stuartbe
20-02-2004, 16:14

:welcome: to the site Zombie

Could be the delay in the servers updating.....

!!! DOH !!! Beaten to it :mad: :D

paulyoung666
20-02-2004, 16:19
:welcome: to the site Zombie

Could be the delay in the servers updating.....

!!! DOH !!! Beaten to it :mad: :D

hah got you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stuartbe
20-02-2004, 16:21
hah got you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Right :mad: Neg reps on the way :cry:

:D :D :D Its about time you did :D :D :D

ZoMBiE
20-02-2004, 23:18
I deleted the account a few weeks ago:)

the account was an old account that was my main account on the old system which they carried forward. i have deleted it in webmail but it is still there:)

Sociable
21-02-2004, 01:49
I deleted the account a few weeks ago:)

the account was an old account that was my main account on the old system which they carried forward. i have deleted it in webmail but it is still there:)

AFAIK the one account you can't change or delete without being assisted by Customer services is the main one linked to your account. Removing from webmail wont mean the account itself is removed but just the web access to it I think.

If you want to change this talk to Customer services and they should be able to assist as AFAIK you wont be able to do it by yourself.

Stuartbe
21-02-2004, 14:47

Is the account your main account as sociable sugests this could be the problem.

Have you spoken to cs/ts ?

ZoMBiE
21-02-2004, 15:31
it is not my main account it was my OLD main account though, but became normal account due to the cross over of mail accounts about 1-2 years ago.

Sociable
21-02-2004, 15:37
it is not my main account it was my OLD main account though, but became normal account due to the cross over of mail accounts about 1-2 years ago.

AFAIK it would have become seen as the "main" account by NTL when they migrated it to the new service though even if you yourself don't see it that way.

Have a word with CS and they should be able to sort it out either way though.