PDA

View Full Version : Moving house - text message for install date?

KarlW
20-02-2004, 09:34
I'm moving on Monday and still haven't received a text message for an install date. Because of when I might not recieve it until the Wednesday. What would have happened if I didn't have a mobile phone? Would I of had an install date by now? It was so much easier last time.

How soon have people recieved their txt messages with the install date? I've already taken three days off work and won't be able to get another...it's not even though I can say I'm working from home!

Cheers
Karl

paulyoung666
20-02-2004, 09:36
never heard of it my mate , seems a bit dodgy relying on a text message to confirm something though :(

Graham F
20-02-2004, 11:04
I have heard of this before put like Paul says its a strange way of confirming things. I would give them a call and see whats going on to be honest or you will move and have no date :)

Russ
20-02-2004, 11:09
Who told you that you'd get the date by text?

KarlW
20-02-2004, 11:41
When I phoned NTL and went through the move option they asked if I had a mobile and said the install date would be texted to me within two weeks. I phoned again this morning and the same thing was confirmed.

Can I ring up again and demand an install date?

Cheers
Karl

Graham F
20-02-2004, 11:45
Karl which area do you live in?

KarlW
20-02-2004, 11:47
Reading

Graham F
20-02-2004, 11:50
To be honest I think it is totally unacceptable to have to wait for an install date.

It is not that hard to do on the system's WAKE UP NTL!!

Why is it that the South Region seems to be the only one that can't move ppl without all this hassle?!?

Karl, I have PM'd you a name of the manager of the moves dept try emailing/asking to speak to him and i am sure you will get a date a lot quicker!

KarlW
20-02-2004, 11:52
Cheers Scooby, I'll try calling. Last time I moved three years ago everything was very seamless...