PDA

View Full Version : Talk Unlimited Connection Charge ????????

Mike
19-02-2004, 17:20
Hi all

Really confused and annoyed................when I took out the above service I would told there was no connection charge!

Just got my bill in and in addtion to the £15.50 I have been charged I was also charged for 116 calls for a duration of 5.21 hours costing £9.03. When I queried this I was told it related to connection charges although the person did not really sound like they knew what they were talking about because they had to keep checking. So what's the deal ..........any ideas as I am going to cancel all my services tomorrow. (Phone /TV /1mb BB) :mad:

Regards

Mike

Graham F
19-02-2004, 17:27
no you def should not of been charged for the a connection charge, they might be for mobile numbers or it might relate to calls made before talkunltd was added to your line?!?!

paulyoung666
19-02-2004, 17:29
is this (http://www.ntlhome.com/ntl_telephone/talkUnlimited.html) what you are using :)

was there any itemisation against the calls , i.e. who were they to ?????????

Mike
19-02-2004, 17:35
Hi Paul

No paying 9.50+15.50 = 25.00 pm

Just do not understand the 116 calls !!! As they don't know what they are talking about I am just going to cancel the lot :)

grum1978
19-02-2004, 17:39
Mike dare i ask which area you live in?
:)

Mike
19-02-2004, 17:45
Mike dare i ask which area you live in?
:)

Yes that OK Abingdon Oxon OX14

grum1978
19-02-2004, 17:48
Yes that OK Abingdon Oxon OX14
Excellent...I work in Customer Service for your area and could get someone to send you out the full list of calls made on your latest bill at no extra cost if thats any good?

I am sure one of the mods/admins can viuch that i work for ntl :)

Mike
19-02-2004, 17:57
Excellent...I work in Customer Service for your area and could get someone to send you out the full list of calls made on your latest bill at no extra cost if thats any good?

I am sure one of the mods/admins can viuch that i work for ntl :)

I still do not understand if I am not charged for local and national calls why I have been charged for 116 calls ?

paulyoung666
19-02-2004, 18:00
Hi Paul

No paying 9.50+15.50 = 25.00 pm

Just do not understand the 116 calls !!! As they don't know what they are talking about I am just going to cancel the lot :)

so its tu24 then ????????? , it sounds to me like an almighty cock up somewhere , unless ............ you havent got sky digi have you ??????????

grum1978
19-02-2004, 18:01
I still do not understand if I am not charged for local and national calls why I have been charged for 116 calls ?
:shrug:

without looking i would be speculating, on your bill does it say 116 calls less than 50p? If so those 116 calls include your free calls i 'think', but like i say i can get the call list sent out to you and it might help to explin the calls for you?!?!

Mike
19-02-2004, 18:08
so its tu24 then ????????? , it sounds to me like an almighty cock up somewhere , unless ............ you havent got sky digi have you ??????????

No sky digi..................the calls are list on page 4

Total Non Itemised calls 116 duration :5:21:20 Cost 9.03

????????????????

Regards

paulyoung666
19-02-2004, 18:12
No sky digi..................the calls are list on page 4

Total Non Itemised calls 116 duration :5:21:20 Cost 9.03

????????????????

Regards

take up grum's offer , maybe that will clear it up for you :)

Shaun
19-02-2004, 18:17
If you send Grum (he defiantly works for NTL :) ) a private message with your account number and the rest of your details he will send you a full itemized bill (as stated above) hopefully that should help you work out where the problem has arisen. If you still want to cancel the let then you can, but at least you can arrange to get your £9.03 back.

Edit - Paul beat me to it :rofl:

Mike
19-02-2004, 19:18
If you send Grum (he defiantly works for NTL :) ) a private message with your account number and the rest of your details he will send you a full itemized bill (as stated above) hopefully that should help you work out where the problem has arisen. If you still want to cancel the let then you can, but at least you can arrange to get your £9.03 back.

Edit - Paul beat me to it :rofl:

Will send a pm

paulyoung666
19-02-2004, 19:21
Will send a pm

yeah , it seems like a sensible thing to do , then you are armed with the info when you ring them back :)

progers
25-02-2004, 11:53
Mike

Do you dial many 0845 or 0870 or mobile numbers as none of these are covered in the free allowances?

Peter

ian@huth
25-02-2004, 13:42
There are quite a number of telephone numbers in adverts which say that the call is charged at local or national rates but in the main they are not geographical numbers and therefore have to be paid for on the talk unlimited plans by duration plus a connection fee. 0845 numbers are classed as "local rate" and 0870 numbers as "national rate" but all calls to these are chargeable.

deedee
25-02-2004, 14:11
Usually on the first bill with talk unlimited 24 on it you'll have added it part way through the month so there may be calls from the start of the billing period until the date you added the plan on.
Also something to consider is that usually the total calls made & duration of these calls include ALL calls, even the free one, then the chargeable ones of these total the £5 odd.
The calls included in talk unlimited 24 are voice calls made to local numbers & those beginning with the area code 01 or 02. All other numbers like mobiles (07's), non geographic numbers (like 0845's & 0870's) or premiums (09's) are subject to the 5p connection charge as well as the standard rates. Some overseas calls are discounted under this plan, but are still subject to the same connection charge.
Hope this helps.
Dee. :angel:

dukeofearl
05-03-2004, 09:29
I once got hundreds of calls on my BT account below the billing threshold. Turned out it was my burglar alarm ringing it's service centre because the battery was flat and not charging !!

mattfrn
15-03-2004, 23:04
your bill onpage 3 should be as follows
line rental =£9.50 (or whatever)
any bb or talkplan
then there should be a breakdown of calls ie:
ntl to ntl
local calls
national call
international calls
all other direct dialled

there will then follow a breakdown of each ie;
ntl to ntl calls (all calls over 20p will be shown{it might be different in different regions} and then all other direct dialled calls the amount and cost

where abouts are the calls under??
what dates are they?
if it was before the date the talk 24 was added thats your answer
if the calls are not covered another poss reason
if the calls go over an hour another poss reason
or the last one is when the csr added the charge he /she forgot to change the tariff so the calls would be billed as normal

hope this helps