PDA

View Full Version : Which firewall?

19-02-2004, 09:51
Im running routing services on my Win2k advance server and was wondering which firewall people could reccomend me, looking forsome thing complex but simple :D with good logging...what do you people use?

Russ
19-02-2004, 09:54
I use ZoneAlarm Pro but many people find it problematic, saying that I've never had cause to grumble with it - it's served me well. If it's REAL security you're after, and you feel a bit paranoid, try a router - a hardware firewall will always beat a software firewall! :)

Stuartbe
19-02-2004, 10:16
Winroute behind cisco pix for me :)

19-02-2004, 10:24
I use ZoneAlarm Pro but many people find it problematic, saying that I've never had cause to grumble with it - it's served me well. If it's REAL security you're after, and you feel a bit paranoid, try a router - a hardware firewall will always beat a software firewall! :)
yep hardware rules, and i am looking out for a pix atm but i dont have the spare cash right now :(

if i had the cash id put Checkpoint NG on, overkill but heh its secure :D

20-02-2004, 16:50
yep hardware rules, and i am looking out for a pix atm but i dont have the spare cash right now :(

if i had the cash id put Checkpoint NG on, overkill but heh its secure :D
hmm well got kerio running quite nicely just bidding for a watchguard SOHO box on ebay :rolleyes:

Stuartbe
20-02-2004, 19:40
hmm well got kerio running quite nicely just bidding for a watchguard SOHO box on ebay :rolleyes:

Good luck m8 - working in our company you will need it :D