PDA

View Full Version : changing my billing period

Seti
19-02-2004, 05:21
I want to change my billing period from the 12th of every month to the end of the month. NTL did do this for a month (over Christmas) but it seems to have gone back to the original billing period now and its annoying me. The reason I need to change it is because I get a carer to go pay my bills at the end of the month or on the first of every month. ( Well I sound like an old lady and I am on ly 34)

Is there anyway NTL can do this for me without me haivng to constantly phone them PLEASE.

Thanks

Seti^

Ben
19-02-2004, 09:30
Hi Seti,

I must say I don't think its going to be easy for you to change your billing date. Its taken me around 2 years for NTL to change mine and that was only because the cut me off and I said I would leave they then changed it to the 30th of each month (I get paid on the 23rd so it makes it a little easier)

I would phone the billing department and find out why they have reverted this back to the original billing time (considering they changed it for the christmas period for you)

gavnad
19-02-2004, 17:50
what service you subscribing to?

if its internet via a bt line you cannot change your bill date

if you pay by dd its claimed approx 14 working days after your bill date if by cc on the bill date day(hits your account approx 3 working days later)

Hell's Child
19-02-2004, 18:22
Should be a simple process, It's just a case of changing the billing cyle (simple thing to do) once the cycle has changed it will not revert back to the old cycle, I cannot understand why it would have done. Just ring customer services, and ask them to change your billing cycle so that the bill comes for the date you need it.

sirsimon
20-02-2004, 17:58
i agree with you ntl seem to bill me at the start of the month i.e 3/4th etc and if i am slightly over my limit i get services downgraded just for 1.5 days it would be better to have been billed say 2nd week in the month.

I want to change my billing period from the 12th of every month to the end of the month. NTL did do this for a month (over Christmas) but it seems to have gone back to the original billing period now and its annoying me. The reason I need to change it is because I get a carer to go pay my bills at the end of the month or on the first of every month. ( Well I sound like an old lady and I am on ly 34)

Is there anyway NTL can do this for me without me haivng to constantly phone them PLEASE.

Thanks

Seti^

Seti
02-03-2004, 03:57
Thanks for all the anaswers Ben, Gavnad, Hell's child and SirSimon :)

I rang NTL. I asked them if I could change my billing period back to what it was over Christmas. THey said it wasn't changed. I asked them to pull the old bill up. They did, eventually and said we can't understand this it must be a glitch!! Anyway they say they can not change the billing period without asking central accounts (Who ever they are cos I never heard of 'em) first.

So I am phoning nearly daily in an effort to get them to change it !

Seti^ :shrug:

bopdude
02-03-2004, 04:02
Thanks for all the anaswers Ben, Gavnad, Hell's child and SirSimon :)

I rang NTL. I asked them if I could change my billing period back to what it was over Christmas. THey said it wasn't changed. I asked them to pull the old bill up. They did, eventually and said we can't understand this it must be a glitch!! Anyway they say they can not change the billing period without asking central accounts (Who ever they are cos I never heard of 'em) first.

So I am phoning nearly daily in an effort to get them to change it !

Seti^ :shrug:
TRy cancelling your direct debit at the bank, when they contact you over the matter say you have had problems getting paid and that everything is ok now and to set up another direct debit under your conditions :shrug:

You never know untill you try

Rillington
06-03-2004, 02:04
I fail to see why ntl are so inflexable. The utility companies, for example, allow you to pay them on any day of the month - even the monopistic evil water company does under certain circumstances. If BT can do it (with their budget plan) then why can't ntl?

Marge
06-03-2004, 02:10
In our region we have 2 billing systems. On is for tv, telephone and stb bb. The DD payment dates for this can be changed no problem. The other billing system for cable modem and dialup is inflexible, no way of changing the date at all. Hopefully this may be changed in the future :shrug: