PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

Ramrod
07-07-2003, 21:28
What exercise, if any, does everyone here do?
ie. how smug can I feel about myself (not very, methinks:D )
Kicking off then:
All I do know is daily Taiji and ki-gung which hardly qualifies as aerobic exersise:D (though the 'fast' and 'two man' forms can work up a sweat:erm: :D )
For years I used to do Shotokan karate 2-3 times per week and go running and weight training 4-5 times per week......but not any more.....I blame having kids:D.
So....what do you do?

Xaccers
07-07-2003, 21:46
Used to do live role playing.
Running through the local forrest with a rubber sword thwacking orcs and other gribblies, great fun and great excercise!

(other walkers thought we were mad. we generally killed the ones who made reference to Robin Hood)

Tricky
07-07-2003, 21:47
Gym 3x per week, usually go once though...CV work (got the old pulse upto 174 today! think i'm gonna croak!)
Golf is the real passion though (shame I cannot play!)

peterska2
07-07-2003, 21:47
Well if it's a nice day I walk the 8 miles back to where I have left the car on my way into work. :D

If it is raining though I get the tram :)

I don't think I have quite got the whole idea of park and ride sussed yet :dunce:

Ramrod
07-07-2003, 22:00
Originally posted by Xaccers
Used to do live role playing.
Running through the local forrest with a rubber sword thwacking orcs and other gribblies, great fun and great excercise!

(other walkers thought we were mad. we generally killed the ones who made reference to Robin Hood) lol, have you read the current pczone mag? Its got an account of how two zone staff members went to Chiselhurst caves to partake in a bit of live role playing. Only beforehand one of them phoned the organizers up and said that the other one had a long cherished dream of being a minstrel. So while the first got to hit monsters on the head with a big sword, the other one had to stand at the sidelines playing a recorder to improve thaco's and do a spot of healing:D
btw....I have a long (past) history of rpg's - D&D, AD&D, Traveller, Bushido, Call of Cuthulu, Paranoia.......yep, geek:D

bopdude
07-07-2003, 22:02
Not as much as I should ( to much right arm stuff :beer: at the mo )

Still reasonably fit, used to train at gym ( years ago ) + karate + work ( untill I got sacked ) kept me on the go and fit, lots of stair work and handballing 25 kg bags into a hopper ( sometimes 7 tonnes at a time ) lol...ouch

Ramrod
07-07-2003, 22:05
Originally posted by bopdude
Not as much as I should ( to much right arm stuff :beer: at the mo )

Still reasonably fit, used to train at gym ( years ago ) + karate + work ( untill I got sacked ) kept me on the go and fit, lots of stair work and handballing 25 kg bags into a hopper ( sometimes 7 tonnes at a time ) lol...ouch
yep, nice buns bop:D
....not to mention the lats:D
...btw don't think that I havent noticed the flash yin-yangs on your sig....:Peace:

bopdude
07-07-2003, 22:09
Originally posted by Ramrod
yep, nice buns bop:D
....not to mention the lats:D
...btw don't think that I havent noticed the flash yin-yangs on your sig....:Peace:

Thanks Ramrod..lol :D I think :shrug:

Ramrod
07-07-2003, 22:17
Originally posted by bopdude
Thanks Ramrod..lol :D I think :shrug:
:naughty: :D

Jules
07-07-2003, 22:23
Is exercise still legal ???

The Diplomat
07-07-2003, 22:24
I walk to the fridge to get a beer. :D

Ramrod
07-07-2003, 22:26
Originally posted by The Diplomat
I walk to the fridge to get a beer. :D
Don't forget about the calories expended opening the beer, It all mounts up......little and often:D
Since they say that exercise is 50% mental, does that mean that thinking about getting the next beer will help you lose weight/get fit?:D

adj126
07-07-2003, 22:51
monday 3 mile fast pace ie 10mph
tuesday circuit training
wednesday 45min medium pace ie 7mph
thursday circuits and swim
friday circuits
saturday 1hr medium pace
sunday 2hrs slow pace ie 6mph

most saturdays i go for about 10 miles over the brecons for some fresh air

Ramrod
07-07-2003, 22:58
Originally posted by adj126
monday 3 mile fast pace ie 10mph
tuesday circuit training
wednesday 45min medium pace ie 7mph
thursday circuits and swim
friday circuits
saturday 1hr medium pace
sunday 2hrs slow pace ie 6mph

most saturdays i go for about 10 miles over the brecons for some fresh air
git:cry: ....I wish I had the time (and from the sound of it, the location) to do what you do:cry:

Nor
07-07-2003, 23:04
7 miles a day on my mountain bike. Try and avoid too many mountains though but not so lucky in avoiding ****** drivers who try their hardest to run me over :)

Martin
07-07-2003, 23:24
Excercise for me is walking the dog a few times a day. Ample I think.:)

The Diplomat
07-07-2003, 23:29
Originally posted by Martin
Excercise for me is walking the dog a few times a day. Ample I think.:)

For you or the dog Mart?? ;) :D

danielf
07-07-2003, 23:42
I can't be bothered to do any excercise at all.

However, being a non driver, I cycle into work everyday, which takes me about 10 minutes each way.

And then there's games:

Squash: one or two times a week, depending on the leagues.
Table Tennis: same thing... (Yes, I play the leagues, and it's a bloody brilliant game. Phillistines...
Footie: once a week, outdoor, wheather permitting. (well, according to the 'girls' anyway)

adj126
07-07-2003, 23:52
git:cry: ....I wish I had the time (and from the sound of it, the location) to do what you do:cry:

was one of the reasons i left NTL was fed up not having the time to do my fitness. Now i work 8hr days and no weekends less money but more enjoyment PLus having my own tredmill and weights means no costly gym membership If you ever want a stroll over the Brecons and need a guide just PM me:D

Ramrod
07-07-2003, 23:57
Originally posted by adj126
was one of the reasons i left NTL was fed up not having the time to do my fitness. Now i work 8hr days and no weekends less money but more enjoyment PLus having my own tredmill and weights means no costly gym membership If you ever want a stroll over the Brecons and need a guide just PM me:D Ta m8...I have my own weights as well and a gym at the end of my road....no time though:(

Chris
08-07-2003, 00:23
What exercise, if any, does everyone here do?
ie. how smug can I feel about myself (not very, methinks:D )
Kicking off then:
All I do know is daily Taiji and ki-gung which hardly qualifies as aerobic exersise:D (though the 'fast' and 'two man' forms can work up a sweat:erm: :D )
For years I used to do Shotokan karate 2-3 times per week and go running and weight training 4-5 times per week......but not any more.....I blame having kids:D.
So....what do you do?

Suffice it to say you can feel very smug indeed.

/Looks nervously at bathroom scales :(

Xaccers
08-07-2003, 00:25
Originally posted by towny

/Looks nervously at bathroom scales :(

/Loans Towny his helium balloons

kronas
08-07-2003, 00:46
i just run around kick the football at in a decent area smack it hard against the wall when i can :D :D :D

Martin
08-07-2003, 00:46
Originally posted by The Diplomat
For you or the dog Mart?? ;) :D

Tee Hee, Probably does me more good.:D

Chris
08-07-2003, 09:12
Originally posted by Xaccers
/Loans Towny his helium balloons

/spends a few minutes making his voice go squeaky. Feels much happier.

Ramrod
08-07-2003, 09:28
Originally posted by towny

/Looks nervously at bathroom scales :( Don't use scales, just go by the way you look:D

aliferste
08-07-2003, 09:43
Gym three/four times a week. Do around 25 mins cardio when im there with some good weights.
I also go fishing alot, although its not the type of fishing that means you sit on your backside all day :) It involves lots of walking and being active !

Chris
08-07-2003, 09:53
Don't use scales, just go by the way you look:D

/Feels sad again ;)

Captain_caveman
08-07-2003, 14:20
Exer...cise?
whtas that? :D
I walk to the pub across the road. Does that count? ;)
I also go Caving when I can be bothered.

Dave Stones
08-07-2003, 14:28
getting out of bed and walking up stairs

and walking upstairs and getting into bed

*wishes so bad for a stairlift or escalator

when im rich i swear im having escalators installed instead of stairs...

oh and i use the scrolly wheel on my mouse a lot... the middle finger of my right hand is a huge muscle job but the other fingers are all wilted and pathetic ;)

i dont really think i need exercise at the moment though, last time i weighed myself i was 10 and 3/4 stone, and i am 6ft 1... i think i barely scrape into the BMI index as healthy... its 19.9 and healthy i starts at 18.5... phew *wipes brow*

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm calculates it :D

Delta Whiskey
08-07-2003, 18:48
I joined Athletics Anoynmous.
If you feel like taking any excersise you just phone an 0800 number and someone will rush round with a three course chinese take-away and a bottle of whiskey and talk you out of it.

Ramrod
08-07-2003, 19:03
Originally posted by Delta Whiskey
If you feel like taking any excersise you just phone an 0800 number and someone will rush round with a three course chinese take-away and a bottle of whiskey and talk you out of it.
rotfl:D

Martin
08-07-2003, 19:14
Originally posted by Delta Whiskey

That sounds like my kinda group.:p Where do i sign up?:D :D

Ramrod
08-07-2003, 21:53
Lots of health freaks here then:D

poolking
08-07-2003, 22:21
Begone heathens, that be a dirty word. :D