PDA

View Full Version : F1 vs WRC vs Endurance

Dupre
13-02-2004, 22:02
Which is better?

I dont care much for motorbikes, so i cba putting it in ;-)

If you dont know, Endurance would be Le Mans and Indy Car, something you, as a viewer must ENDURE.

My vote is for WRC, much more driver skill needed than F1.

homealone
13-02-2004, 22:09
Which is better?

I dont care much for motorbikes, so i cba putting it in ;-)

If you dont know, Endurance would be Le Mans and Indy Car, something you, as a viewer must ENDURE.

My vote is for WRC, much more driver skill needed than F1.

Rallycross, for me, sorry not an option for the vote, but a small circuit, mixed tarmac & offroad and 'unlimited' cars, seems good ;)

<edit> google for 'metro 6r4'

Pritch
13-02-2004, 22:12
Hmm, I think my vote would have to go for Hill Rallying, actually :D

That said, anything that's not F1 is usually a good starting point.

Kneebs
13-02-2004, 22:16
WRC everytime !

homealone
13-02-2004, 22:25
Hmm, I think my vote would have to go for Hill Rallying, actually :D

That said, anything that's not F1 is usually a good starting point.

Icelandic stylee? :D

I love F1, but accept that the 'exitement' is rare.

'endurance' - naughty Dupre - you are probably right, I can't 'endure' any kind of 'oval' racing - Nascar, etc - but any series that includes Laguna Seca, is ok by me;)

Pritch
13-02-2004, 22:29
Icelandic stylee? :D

Icelandic stylee is good, but I prefer the British stuff with highly tuned Landies. Or things that were Land Rovers once upon a time, anyway, like this:

http://www.bowler-offroad.com/

Which I will be buying myself after payday*.

*This may be a lie

Charlie_Bubble
13-02-2004, 22:40
I voted for WRC, because that's what I enjoy most as I prefer to see as near to production cars being pitted against each other. I'm not sure you can outright say that WRC has 'much more driver skill than F1' though. It's not easy to be in the middle of a pack of cars travelling at up to 200mph, trying to overtake and going round corners with 3-3.5 Gs trying to rip your head off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying one is more skillful than the other, but you can't outright say that F1 doesn't take as high a skill level. It's very subjective to say say anything about any of their driving skills.

BTW I would have chosen Touring Cars! :)

MadGamer
13-02-2004, 22:43
F1 all the way

homealone
13-02-2004, 22:59
Icelandic stylee is good, but I prefer the British stuff with highly tuned Landies. Or things that were Land Rovers once upon a time, anyway, like this:

http://www.bowler-offroad.com/

Which I will be buying myself after payday*.

*This may be a lie

it will be mine - hmm - j/k