PDA

View Full Version : 1 week to get cable modem!

Scopion_Vista
11-02-2004, 12:30
After having problems with my connection through STB (see very slow connection pls help! thread) i decided to get a cable modem to try instead, but i have to wait a week before someone can come and install it! :mad:

I asked if they could do it earlier etc but they said no, but i'm never very assertive in these situations, do you think if i complained they might do it sooner? seing as i've been without broadband for over 2 weeks now!

Going back to dial-up after having broadband is a nightmare, and i have to share a phone line, so can't even stay on the net too long incase someone calls :(

paulyoung666
11-02-2004, 12:32
After having problems with my connection through STB (see very slow connection pls help! thread) i decided to get a cable modem to try instead, but i have to wait a week before someone can come and install it! :mad:

I asked if they could do it earlier etc but they said no, but i'm never very assertive in these situations, do you think if i complained they might do it sooner? seing as i've been without broadband for over 2 weeks now!

Going back to dial-up after having broadband is a nightmare, and i have to share a phone line, so can't even stay on the net too long incase someone calls :(

a week is probably not too bad a wait time , if you have been without bb access that you are paying for then you are well within your rights to expect compensation , push em as far as you can but be nice about it , screaming and bawling wont get you anywhere , and will more likely than not , be counterproductive , hope you get sorted soon :)

Stuartbe
11-02-2004, 13:17

I agree with Paul - One week is not to bad..... If it was NTL that sugested the box change make sure you reclaim a part of the bill from them !