PDA

View Full Version : Nero

susie r
06-07-2003, 11:52
Have just upgraded from win 98 to xp home edition...........have Nero installed and it wont now work, so have been on the web and updated to v.5.5..........it keeps asking for a serial number that should be on the original installation cd (ver 5.0) but it isn't!!!!! any ideas anyone???

imback
06-07-2003, 12:41
There are other places you get a serial number from. You can get a key gen form Kazza or where ever, and since you have a legal copy of Nero it's all above board.:)

darkangel
06-07-2003, 12:54
Originally posted by imback
There are other places you get a serial number from. You can get a key gen form Kazza or where ever, and since you have a legal copy of Nero it's all above board.:) when u buy a program ie Nero u are not buying the the physical CD you are buying the serial and licence therefore if the serial has run out u need to purchase another serial, if she d/l a serial it will not be legal

imback
06-07-2003, 13:08
I think she has lost the serial though, but I agree it would very very naughty to just dowload the key gen and use it;) :p

dilli-theclaw
06-07-2003, 13:35
I never got a serial with my Nero CD.

Dilligaf

imback
06-07-2003, 13:37
Originally posted by dilligaf1701

Dilligaf

Me neither come to think of it, Nero came with my Cd drive and it just installed :shrug:

Defiant
06-07-2003, 13:37
Originally posted by dilligaf1701

Dilligaf

Same here I never got a serial number with the cd I got. I'd turn to the dark side ;)

imback
06-07-2003, 13:38
Originally posted by Defiant
I'd turn to the dark side ;)

:p

darkangel
06-07-2003, 15:04
Originally posted by imback
Me neither come to think of it, Nero came with my Cd drive and it just installed :shrug: serial is on the cd

imback
06-07-2003, 15:16
Originally posted by darkangel
serial is on the cd

It's not, just CD in paper sleeve, nothing on the sleeve, nothing on the CD, never got asked for a serial when installing the product. :shrug:

susie r
06-07-2003, 15:35
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm this is really annoying, we need to burn a cd and cant get this sorted!!! where do I get this gen key from then?????

Lew
06-07-2003, 15:39
That sounds like the OEM version. It will only install on a computer with that particular make of CDRW drive installed. We have a copy at work that will only install if there's a TDK drive fitted. I'm not sure but I don't think the upgrades can be applied to the OEM versions. Try emailing Nero Tech Support (mailto:techsupport@nero.com) and see if they can help you.

dilli-theclaw
06-07-2003, 15:43
Originally posted by Mimizuku no Lew
That sounds like the OEM version. It will only install on a computer with that particular make of CDRW drive installed. We have a copy at work that will only install if there's a TDK drive fitted. I'm not sure but I don't think the upgrades can be applied to the OEM versions. Try emailing Nero Tech Support (mailto:techsupport@nero.com) and see if they can help you.

Yup - my no serial number one is an OEM (came with my cdwriter) - and you CAN upgrade it.

I know this - because I just upgraded it :D

Dilligaf

susie r
06-07-2003, 15:47
what version did you upgrade it to?? and are you being prompted for a serial number?

dilli-theclaw
06-07-2003, 15:51
Originally posted by susie r
what version did you upgrade it to?? and are you being prompted for a serial number?

it is now 5.5.10.42

And no - I've not been asked for a serial number.

I downloaded it from nero's web site and when I installed it - it updated it for me.

Dilligaf
p.s. - have you checked your pm's?

susie r
06-07-2003, 15:52
yes...many thanks, just trying it:)

Jonboy
06-07-2003, 15:53
Please note: First make sure you have your Nero 5 serial key to install Nero/Nero Express with. It should look like
15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxx.
It should be located on the inside of the Nero Jewel case, or on the back of the paper sleeve the Nero CD came in.
You can also go into your Registry, and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and under SOFTWARE_AHEAD_NERO BURNING-ROM_INFO obtain your Nero 5 serial key from here.

hope this helps

:wavey:

distortal
08-07-2003, 13:51
I just upgraded both of mine to 5.5.10.42 OEM - everything seemed to work fine and I have loads of new options. What the heck is HD-Burn though?

I didn't get any docs with mine as it was OEM, is there an online manual?