PDA

View Full Version : Natwest

grum1978
05-07-2003, 18:44
Does anyone know of a email address of some top dog in Natwest as they seem unable to respond to me within the 10 days they promised i'm not a happy bunny :spin:

Dave Stones
05-07-2003, 18:51
Originally posted by grum1978
Does anyone know of a email address of some top dog in Natwest as they seem unable to respond to me within the 10 days they promised i'm not a happy bunny :spin:

wouldnt it be better telephoning them and asking to speak to someone at head office? or have they kept you on hold for 10 days :disturbd:

grum1978
05-07-2003, 18:55
Originally posted by Dave Stones
wouldnt it be better telephoning them and asking to speak to someone at head office? or have they kept you on hold for 10 days :disturbd:

if you phone them they tell you to write cos they can't answer the complaint over the phone so i emailed them and got a responce next day saying i will hear from them within 10 days then the day after that i get the same in writing Monday is the 10th day and i have a funny feeling that no email or letter will come as most companies will get back to you well within the time scale they set they are getting me really mad now :cry:

It seems however i try to contact them to reslove my problems they not seem to care :shrug:

marcsparks2002
05-07-2003, 19:00
there not owned by ntl are they :D :D sorry couldnt resist

grum1978
05-07-2003, 21:27
Originally posted by marcsparks2002

:rolleyes:

Gogogo
05-07-2003, 21:52

Excuse me for intervening, I suspect you have seen what's on the page below:

Natwest contact (http://www.natwest.com/contactus/index.asp?navid=CONTACT_US)

grum1978
05-07-2003, 21:56
Originally posted by Gogogo
Excuse me for intervening, I suspect you have seen what's on the page below:

Natwest contact (http://www.natwest.com/contactus/index.asp?navid=CONTACT_US)

yes i have seen that thank you and as that says if it can't be resolved within the time they say they should let me know which again i Don't think they will do :( I would be happy if they rang me and said they are still looking into it at least i would know whats happening silence is deafening :eek:

Ramrod
05-07-2003, 22:17
Originally posted by marcsparks2002
No, but Barclays probably are:afire:

kronas
05-07-2003, 22:18
*notes to self yet another reason not to deal with banks

SMHarman
05-07-2003, 22:51
You could always escalate to the banking omburdsman (sp) or the FSA.

Looking after retail customers is one of the FSAs top 4 areas.

grum1978
05-07-2003, 23:01
Originally posted by SMHarman
You could always escalate to the banking omburdsman (sp) or the FSA.

Looking after retail customers is one of the FSAs top 4 areas.

I could do but i would much rather natwest grow up and deal with my complaint and query

be under no illusions natwest i will chase this up and make a big fuss about it.

to natwest :2up: :afire: :grind:

yesman
05-07-2003, 23:08
Natwest used to be ok until they were taken over by The Royal Bank of Scotland.

Instead of you being able to contact your own branch by telephone like in the days prior to RBS taking them over, you now have to ring a 0845 number which puts you through to a central command post. very annoying IMO

Xaccers
06-07-2003, 00:31
I thought their ad said they didn't send you round the houses?

Ramrod
06-07-2003, 00:51
Originally posted by kronas
*notes to self yet another reason not to deal with banks One day you will have to:D

kronas
06-07-2003, 01:04
Originally posted by Ramrod
One day you will have to:D

yep ill have to but i will do it with a bank that will kiss my ass instead of me having to kiss theres :p ;) :D :eek:

SMHarman
06-07-2003, 01:05
First direct is nice to use. At least the call centre is the only place of business so you really cannot get bounced around the houses.

yesman
06-07-2003, 01:05
Originally posted by Xaccers
I thought their ad said they didn't send you round the houses?

They don't send you round the houses, problem is you have to talk to someone you don't want to talk to, and they will not put you through to the person you are after unless its by prior appointment made by them

Mr_Burns
06-07-2003, 11:11
Doesn't their advert say you can talk to someone in your branch? I bet if I phoned and asked to speak to my branch, I wouldn't actually be speaking to any of the staff there, more likely a team in a call centre :rolleyes: I could test this out as I used to work for NatWest long ago (long before RBS took over) and I know the people who work there.

I think your best bet is to phone and ask for the name and address of the MD of Retail Banking or Customer Services and write direct to them. I doubt if they have e-mail yet (NatWest wasn't very technically advanced when I worked there).

Dave Stones
06-07-2003, 13:52
ive used NatWest since i was 13 and ive had no problems with them :D

Russ
06-07-2003, 13:55
Originally posted by Mr_Burns
Doesn't their advert say you can talk to someone in your branch? I bet if I phoned and asked to speak to my branch, I wouldn't actually be speaking to any of the staff there, more likely a team in a call centre :rolleyes: I could test this out as I used to work for NatWest long ago (long before RBS took over) and I know the people who work there.

I think your best bet is to phone and ask for the name and address of the MD of Retail Banking or Customer Services and write direct to them. I doubt if they have e-mail yet (NatWest wasn't very technically advanced when I worked there).

I think that advert says it's only for business customers....

Martin
06-07-2003, 13:58
Originally posted by Dave Stones
ive used NatWest since i was 13 and ive had no problems with them :D

I have always found them a little to eager to send out letters and charging 15 pound for it.:(

Stephen Robb
08-07-2003, 18:49
Originally posted by Martin
I have always found them a little to eager to send out letters and charging 15 pound for it.:(

Huh! Your lucky. They screwed me right into the ground with my business about 15 years ago and I had been a customer with the Westminster before they were taken over by the National Provincial back in the early '50s. I cashed in a cheque for five pounds, (as a favour), they bounced it which cost me £27.50 and then to add insult to injury, they sent me a letter saying they had bounced it and the letter was costing me another £27.50! So doing someone a favour cost me £55.00. NatWest is one of the most (if not the first) expensive banks on the High Street.

grum1978
10-07-2003, 00:09
if you phone them they tell you to write cos they can't answer the complaint over the phone so i emailed them and got a responce next day saying i will hear from them within 10 days then the day after that i get the same in writing Monday is the 10th day and i have a funny feeling that no email or letter will come as most companies will get back to you well within the time scale they set they are getting me really mad now :cry:

It seems however i try to contact them to reslove my problems they not seem to care :shrug:

An update on my saga...

Monday woke up in time for postman and nothing :eek: i thought fair do's emailed them from work and asked whats going on, got a reply within 2 hours WOW impressed :D saying that a letter was sent on friday, ok i thought tuesday will be the day. Woke up Tuesday waited for postman and guess what NOTHIN :mad: was too busy to contact Natwest so thought i would leave it till today. Today woke up waoted for postman and guess what no F**king letter!!!:afire: :2up:

Phoned up Cusotmer services tonite and asked them to see f notes on account abt letter being sent they looked abnd said nothing on there since they recieved my email...

Someone so where is lying to me and my problem is still not sorted they have until friday to contact me which i don't think they will do then i will take it up with however the Financial watchdog is

TO NATWEST :upyours: :grind: :afire:

Bifta
10-07-2003, 00:41
GnatWest are assnumbingly incompetant, a bit like Nationwide, who wanted to charge me 20 quid to transfer money to an HSBC account, mind you HSBC are becoming mindf***ingly annoying, every single purchase I make over the internet is declined due to "fraud prevention measures" which entails me phoning them up, giving them a mouthful and then having to call the re(e?)tailer back and having them put the card through again.

peterska2
10-07-2003, 00:45
are so you have a R2 on your card.

nice :(

This is easy to remove and can be done permanantly.

Is only usually on there if you don something out of the ordinary which makes them think that there is possible fraud.

Bifta
10-07-2003, 01:15
Basically what the bloke told me was that (for example) "If you're in a shop occasionally they phone up to check the card details as a fraud prevention method but as it was online you were unlucky that it managed to happen with at least 5 of your last transactions". I told him it was bloody inconvenient having to constantly speak to card services to remove whatever block they'd put on and he said "we don't put it on to be inconvenient", oh sorry, that's just a consequence of your incompetence, so anyway, he told me he'd have to talk to one of his managers and call me back to see about getting whatever this thing is removed permanently, as yet I'm still waiting for him to call.

peterska2
10-07-2003, 01:18
Shame it not Barclays coz I could see about getting it looked into for you and sort out a call back for tomorrow.

Any banking probs tho I'm your man :)

grum1978
12-07-2003, 17:17
Well know they have replied to my complaint and totally missed the point so i have sent another email to them to get the answers to the questions i actaully asked.

No doubt another 15 day wait :(

Martin
12-07-2003, 18:00
Happens all the time unfortunatley most companies tend to glaze over emails these days and send some predefined email back.:(

grum1978
12-07-2003, 18:45
Originally posted by Martin
Happens all the time unfortunatley most companies tend to glaze over emails these days and send some predefined email back.:(

I wouldn't mind that if they replied back the next day but they took the itme to write a letter so i would of thought they could of at least answered my queries/complaint :shrug: