PDA

View Full Version : tamagotchi's

kronas
04-02-2004, 22:46
remember the fad a while ago about the little egg shaped plasticated virtual pets called tamagotchi's ?

well bandai the makers, are set to relaunch the product allowing better functionality, such as the virtual occupants being able to have babies get married............

source: bbcnews

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3457705.stm

i remember these, kids were screaming to get one. :rolleyes:

Maggy
04-02-2004, 23:11
Oh great, :rolleyes: another gizmo to confiscate!! :rolleyes:

tkiely
04-02-2004, 23:14
remember the fad a while ago about the little egg shaped plasticated virtual pets called tamagotchi's ?

and soon they will have keyboards and 17in TFT monitors and big hard drives and internet connections and people will treat them like......

oh sorry, I'll get me coat

Proppinupthebar
04-02-2004, 23:15
Didn't someone die, the driver of a car was trying to feed their tamagotchi and ran off the road?

A friend at work queued for hours outside ToysRUs to get his TG. I am sad to say I also got one, but I didnt queue.

Ramrod
04-02-2004, 23:23
i remember these, kids were screaming to get one. :rolleyes:Erm, how long ago was that & how old would you have been at the time?....So.....putting those two bits of info together..... :idea: You must have had a tamagotchi :D :rofl:

Oh great, another gizmo to confiscate!! Yes, and play with yourself, we know :D

kronas
04-02-2004, 23:29
Erm, how long ago was that & how old would you have been at the time?....So.....putting those two bits of info together..... :idea: You must have had a tamagotchi :D :rofl:

it was in 96-97 i think and i would not have been too young :D

Yes, and play with yourself, we know :D

dont get me started :D :eek: :erm:

danielf
04-02-2004, 23:31
Yes, and play with yourself, we know :D

Now now, there was no need for that :naughty: :rofl:

I hope Incog is in a good mood today...

Ramrod
04-02-2004, 23:39
Now now, there was no need for that :naughty: :rofl:

I hope Incog is in a good mood today...
Ach! Who cares!

.....It was nice knowing you all ('death wish' Ramrod....over and out :D )

luftys
04-02-2004, 23:54
Oh great, :rolleyes: another gizmo to confiscate!! :rolleyes:
But you will have to get the kids to show the teachers how to work them :eek:

kronas
04-02-2004, 23:58
But you will have to get the kids to show the teachers how to work them :eek:

this could get ugly, i know about the older fraternity, and gadgets. :rolleyes: :D :pp

luftys
05-02-2004, 10:14
luftys writes on black board 1000 times
Must be nice to teachers

Maggy
05-02-2004, 17:36
luftys writes on black board 1000 times
Must be nice to teachers

I'm too depressed to rise to the bait after finding that a group of 16 year olds had no idea what the function of a flower was or even what the function of an apple was.They are doing double science and have been supposedly studying genetics and reproduction.

And if anyone says to look pretty or to eat you can put yourself in the corner. :mad:

Incog. :(

ic14
05-02-2004, 17:46
I had a tamagotchi. Really enjoyed it, but it died (really died) after a spin in the wash lol

Colin
07-02-2004, 13:54
I worked at Toys 'R' Us the season that they were popular, and it was bloody awful. Cheap crap toys that would break if you looked at them wrong. I remember kids coming in crying because their pet TG had died and stopped working. Come to think of it, the adults weren't that much better