PDA

View Full Version : around mcdonalds in 30 days

kronas
02-02-2004, 16:32
morgan spurlock decided it was time take the mcdonalds food test...........

he spent 30 days consuming 3 mcdonalds meals a day, all in order to show the unhealthy lifestyle eating out and at mcdonalds consistantly can take its toll.

he managed to gain 25 pounds, and within just a couple of days, began to vomit living on burgers fries chocolate milkshakes.........

his liver became toxic, colestoral levels shot up.

"He was an extremely healthy person who got very sick eating this McDonald's diet," Dr. Isaacs said

continued in the link........

source: nypost

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/16393.htm

i knew mcdonalds food was bad for you, but a total breakdown of certain areas of the body :eek:

ok i know some of you will say, "he was eating three meals a day for 30 days"
but if kids are eating this consistantly but not as much, isint this going to impact there futures ?

im sure parents must shoulder some of the responsabilitys in saying no to kids and cooking food instead of taking the 'fast food' option.....

Dave Stones
02-02-2004, 16:33
didnt they do something like this in the sun last week, with about 5 fast food chains? pretty much the same result everywhere as far as i can remember...

kronas
02-02-2004, 16:37
didnt they do something like this in the sun last week, with about 5 fast food chains? pretty much the same result everywhere as far as i can remember...

i dont know dont read the sun, most newspapers = useless information and commentry with the odd valid news story.

Xaccers
02-02-2004, 16:42
So, he spent a month eating nothing but McDonalds and wasn't very well. gee that's a suprise :rolleyes:
What exactly was his point?

Personally I'd pick something like chocolate or cake to live off :D

kronas
02-02-2004, 16:43
So, he spent a month eating nothing but McDonalds and wasn't very well. gee that's a suprise :rolleyes:
What exactly was his point?

his point was the stuff is toxic, if eaten consistantly it can harm you, although i seem to remember there is an obesity problem here (in children)

Xaccers
02-02-2004, 16:44
i dont know dont read the sun, most newspapers = useless information and commentry with the odd valid news story.

How do you know that if you don't read them?

kronas
02-02-2004, 16:47
How do you know that if you don't read them?

because i have sampled them all, the times, the independent, and the FT are the only valid papers.

Xaccers
02-02-2004, 16:48
his point was the stuff is toxic, if eaten consistantly it can harm you, although i seem to remember there is an obesity problem here (in children)

Live soley of any type of food and your body will object.
It was his liver that became toxic, not the food :rolleyes:
Go on, try living off pot noodles for a month and see what happens. They're carbohydrates so according to the dietitians, nothing to worry about there.

kronas
02-02-2004, 16:55
Live soley of any type of food and your body will object.
It was his liver that became toxic, not the food :rolleyes:
Go on, try living off pot noodles for a month and see what happens. They're carbohydrates so according to the dietitians, nothing to worry about there.

you need to 'balance' the diet, the carbs you get from the food you eat from mcdonalds, is toxic due to the reheating processes, and the salt and fat content.

the balancing act is you eat a bit of everything, prefrebly home cooked meats, vegetables, pasta, rotate it so that your body gets nutrients from other things.......

Paul
02-02-2004, 16:58
Looks like another "lets knock McDonalds" story - and he got paid to do this :rolleyes:

Xaccers
02-02-2004, 17:01
the balancing act is you eat a bit of everything, prefrebly home cooked meats, vegetables, pasta, rotate it so that your body gets nutrients from other things.......

Exactly, so by just eating McDonalds he was doing it for publicity and to knock them because they are an easier target than Joe's Burger bar down the street who wouldn't get as much, if any, publicity.

trentsteel
02-02-2004, 17:59
you need to 'balance' the diet, the carbs you get from the food you eat from mcdonalds, is toxic due to the reheating processes, and the salt and fat content.

Not reheated, just kept hot for no more than 10 minutes for all food.
Also, not that much salt at all on the burgers, and none in them, i imagine the sauce has high salt content to balance this out though

Fries very salty, this should be looked at somehow, and will probably be forced to

Xaccers
02-02-2004, 18:03
Fries very salty, this should be looked at somehow, and will probably be forced to

That could be easily addressed by not salting the fries, but letting customers put their own on from sachets.
What do you reckon?

trentsteel
02-02-2004, 18:07
That may be an option, but the salt is "needed" to get people thirsty and buy more drinks, if salt was optional it would decrease sales, but not by that much. Things will have to change at the fast food places, and indeed already are, to make them seem healthier etc.

etccarmageddon
02-02-2004, 18:09
I remember reading about a bloke who died because his diet consisted of baked beans.

Atomic22
02-02-2004, 18:16
talking of yummy maccy d's.....
the "big tasty" is yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy

cjmillsnun
05-02-2004, 19:21
because i have sampled them all, the times, the independent, and the FT are the only valid papers.

The Independent & The FT - agreed are good papers, but The Times is a Murdoch controlled pile of Trash. I would much rather read The Guardian

kronas
05-02-2004, 19:26
The Independent & The FT - agreed are good papers, but The Times is a Murdoch controlled pile of Trash. I would much rather read The Guardian

mind you i have only read 'the times' online........

Atomic22
05-02-2004, 19:31
spoken like a true daily mirror reader.....:wavey: