PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

mr2gti
02-02-2004, 16:06
New Member signing up here.

Right - as a Broadband and cable member of the lovely ntl system, I now use my G/F's laptop at her place through pipex.com.

Now, even though i'm a ntl customer - am I correct in thinking I cannot use my email details usless using the amazing poo WEBMAIL system?

Any help will be greatly accepted.

SMHarman
02-02-2004, 16:19
You cannot send to smpt.ntlworld.com (or whatever it is) as you are outside the NTL IP range.

You can collect from pop3.ntlworld.com

Assuming you use OutlookExpress I would set a second account up on your laptop with the NTL POP3 and the Pipex smtp and you'll be sorted.

You just need to select which to send from when at the GFs

Stuartbe
02-02-2004, 16:24

Right - as a Broadband and cable member of the lovely ntl system, I now use my G/F's laptop at her place through pipex.com.

Now, even though i'm a ntl customer - am I correct in thinking I cannot use my email details usless using the amazing poo WEBMAIL system?

Hi mr2gti and :welcome: to the site.

Providing that NTL have not closed your account you should have full use of webmail (for what its worth) If however you want pop and smtp access the restrictions detailed by SMharman will apply

HTH

mr2gti
02-02-2004, 16:29
thought so - not a problem :)

Florence
02-02-2004, 16:30
:welcome: mr2gti hope you enjoy your time with us.

schiller
02-02-2004, 16:31
Just to clarify:

The server is POP3

The address is pop.ntlworld.com

:angel:

homealone
02-02-2004, 16:34

Hi mr2gti :welcome: to the forum

I see your question about getting NTL email via a Pipex connection has been answered - I've grassed you up to your G/F about using her laptop, but she said it was ok;)

I didn't reply to your other post, as I didn't want to take that thread off topic after what was some sad news from Kink - but I will get some work done :pp

mr2gti
02-02-2004, 16:48
goodo.
Yes you see, she does.nt mind me on here as I have done all the work to get it working spot on lol.

I'll have to grovel round her to make me a pipex mailbox ;)

SMHarman
02-02-2004, 16:48
Just to clarify:

The server is POP3

The address is pop.ntlworld.com

:angel:

And you should tick the leave message on server option if you want to pick the message up at home again so your home PC has all messages on it.

mr2gti
02-02-2004, 16:56
I pick up mail perfectly - but have altered / changed and icked the setting in the smtp output endlessly - got nowhere so gave up.

SMHarman
02-02-2004, 16:59
I pick up mail perfectly - but have altered / changed and icked the setting in the smtp output endlessly - got nowhere so gave up.

So look at her mail account settings, you need to replicate the SMTP settings of her account in yours. Except for the reply to address which needs to be yours!