PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

LooeyUK
04-07-2003, 16:18
First of, I PASSED MY FIRST AID EXAM...

Right, in all our first aid box's (at asda), we have packets of condoms.

Now, please can someone tell me why the heck we have condoms in a bloody first aid box?

and if anyone else at asda can tell me if its the same at their store?

paulyoung666
04-07-2003, 16:57
congrats first off on pasing your exam , second , you have got to be kidding , i couldnt even begin to think of a reason why they should be in there , it wasnt a joke on you was it ??????? ;) :D :D :D :D

Chris
04-07-2003, 17:02
Originally posted by LooeyB
First of, I PASSED MY FIRST AID EXAM...

Right, in all our first aid box's (at asda), we have packets of condoms.

Now, please can someone tell me why the heck we have condoms in a bloody first aid box?

and if anyone else at asda can tell me if its the same at their store?

Probes used for internal examinations in hospital are usually covered with a condom first, but I have no idea why you need them in a first aid kit, unless you're planning to play doctors and nurses in the first aid room, that is ...;)

paulyoung666
04-07-2003, 17:04
Originally posted by towny
Probes used for internal examinations in hospital are usually covered with a condom first, but I have no idea why you need them in a first aid kit, unless you're planning to play doctors and nurses in the first aid room, that is ...;)

ahhhhhhhhhh adult doctors and nurses , you could have hit the nail on the head there :p :p :p :p

Seb
04-07-2003, 17:04
maybe its so the lubricant can be used, if an incident occurs when someone is in a tight and uneasy situation... altho i'm probs gueesin that Paulyoung666 has got the right idea with the joke!

paulyoung666
04-07-2003, 17:06
ummmmmmm me thinks they would be better off getting a tub of vaseline for lubricant ;) :D :D :D

Chris
04-07-2003, 17:07
Originally posted by Seb
maybe its so the lubricant can be used, if an incident occurs when someone is in a tight and uneasy situation... altho i'm probs gueesin that Paulyoung666 has got the right idea with the joke!

Given the subject under discussion, don't you think you ought to define what you mean by 'tight and uneasy situation' ... some dirty-minded folks might get the wrong idea .........:eek:

Seb
04-07-2003, 17:08
Well I hope ASDA remember to use their 'Role Back' policy when they use them!! {Slams the door behing him}

TigaSefi
04-07-2003, 17:09
Originally posted by Seb
well i hope ASDa remember to use their 'Role Back' policy when they use them!! {Slams the door behing him}

lmfao shit i just laughed out loud in my workplace..... oh dear....

Seb
04-07-2003, 17:12
Well... Erm.. Towny may be the 'check out operator' could get their finger stuck under the conveyor belt, and they have to easy it back out. The rubber conveyor belt may cause friction!!

Chris
04-07-2003, 17:13
Originally posted by Seb
Well... Erm.. Towny may be the 'check out operator' could get their finger stuck under the conveyor belt, and they have to easy it back out. The rubber conveyor belt may cause friction!!

:blush:

Well that's a relief. I thought we were being rude.;)

paulyoung666
04-07-2003, 17:26
Originally posted by towny
:blush:

Well that's a relief. I thought we were being rude.;)

rude no , never ever , ic an think of loads of uses for vaseline apart from that ;) :p :p :p :p

Martin
04-07-2003, 17:45
This has to be the most weird thread I have read on nthw to date!! Congrats on passing the exam.:)

zoombini
04-07-2003, 17:47
Congrats on passing the exam, its a useful thing to know.

As for the condoms, are you sure thats what they are?
There are "finger cots" that are like small condoms, but supposed
to go over individual fingers.

http://wholebodyhealing.bizland.com/store/media/finger_cotts_a.jpg

If they are real condoms then perhaps you ought to be consulting your personell people and ask them.
Someone would have made the decision, through some hefty laughs and wisecracks and there must be a good reason.
Or knowing Asda, a stupid one.

Perhaps they are there to infer that is OK for people to have sex in the store and its for protection to prevent any future liability :D

Let us know when you find out why, I might suggest it for ours too, lol.

LooeyUK
04-07-2003, 19:25
lol. nope, they are condoms :) weird.

Xaccers
04-07-2003, 19:25
What brand?

LooeyUK
04-07-2003, 19:26
zoombini, you work on kiosk?

ive left my first aid bum bag in the pull down shutter next to the lottery terminal. not sure if its the same for you. that will be ok wont it?

Theodoric
04-07-2003, 19:33
Originally posted by zoombini
Congrats on passing the exam, its a useful thing to know.

As for the condoms, are you sure thats what they are?
There are "finger cots" that are like small condoms, but supposed
to go over individual fingers.

Ah, yes, finger cots. Well, one thing you can do with figer cots is put a small piece of solid carbon dioxide in one, tie the open end closed, stand well back and wait for it to explode. Honest! :)

paulyoung666
04-07-2003, 19:35
Originally posted by Theodoric
Ah, yes, finger cots. Well, one thing you can do with figer cots is put a small piece of solid carbon dioxide in one, tie the open end closed, stand well back and wait for it to explode. Honest! :)

best one i did was put a pice of solid co2 in my mothers cup of tea when her back was turned , witches cauldron spring to mind , she nearly jumped out of her skin , pmsl :p :p :p :p

Xaccers
04-07-2003, 19:40
Reminds me of a darwin award where some guy used a coke bottle, boiled water and some dry ice
He now has silicon testicles

Ramrod
04-07-2003, 21:19
Originally posted by Seb
Well I hope ASDA remember to use their 'Role Back' policy when they use them!! {Slams the door behing him}
hahahahaha:rofl: :D