PDA

View Full Version : Tv Package Price

stamp92
28-01-2004, 21:01
Do NTL charge more for TV package when u dont take phone with them.

I want to cancel phone and keep TV packages. Got family pack at the moment which is I think abt £28.50 or something including line rental. I'm assuming minus line rental this will be £18. Is this abt right? I can't find any info on NTL site about getting TV without phone.

Thanks

P.S. Does anyone know how much the business broadband services are from ntl like DIAPlus , PremiumDIA etc? Annoyingly there are no prices or price guidline on site.

eoin.miskell
28-01-2004, 21:24
The phone is included in the tv package and at the moment ntl do not offer tv with out phone. So even if you do get rid of the phone the price will stay the same.

stamp92
28-01-2004, 22:44
I thought it was now illegal for companies to sell things together like this. I can't remember where I read it but I looked into it when I wanted to cancel telephone and just have broadband. when i ordered bb u had to have telephone service. ntl changed this a while ago

nebody know anything abt this law abt selling things together.

Neil
28-01-2004, 22:46
You can't get any TV pack without the phone I'm afraid, you can get BB on it's own, but not a TV pack. :rolleyes:

stamp92
28-01-2004, 22:53
ok thanks Neil and eoin.miskell

Looks like I'll get my sister to cancel her tv as well from ntl and go to sky. £1 installation and i think they have this introduce a friend offer where u get lots of vouchers. silly of ntl to have such a policy they loose both things now :p

carthage
07-02-2004, 15:23
Do NTL charge more for TV package when u dont take phone with them.

I want to cancel phone and keep TV packages. Got family pack at the moment which is I think abt £28.50 or something including line rental. I'm assuming minus line rental this will be £18. Is this abt right? I can't find any info on NTL site about getting TV without phone.

Thanks

P.S. Does anyone know how much the business broadband services are from ntl like DIAPlus , PremiumDIA etc? Annoyingly there are no prices or price guidline on site.
Yes - ntl will charge you the same price even if you dont have the phone line - the phone line is a bonus in that respect

So the sky v ntl comparison is the same - One is included in the price and one is not