PDA

View Full Version : I'm a jammy git, part 2

Chris
28-01-2004, 10:41
Singapore ... :D

and the jet lag is killing me :spin: GMT+8 !!!

Still, it's warm, humid and very interesting indeed ... I'll try to post a piccie or two later in the week.

So, hello from the other side of the world, everyone :wavey:

Nemesis
28-01-2004, 10:44

Still, it's warm, humid and very interesting indeed ... I'll try to post a piccie or two later in the week.

Towny, towny, towny ... and we're supposed to believe this are we .... tut, what do you take us for .... :D

I know what Hemel's like, but is there any need for this .... carry on and I'm telling Mrs Towny about the iMac :D

paulyoung666
28-01-2004, 10:45

someone is going to get a slap very soon , enjoy it mate , just watch out for the ladies :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

homealone
28-01-2004, 10:53
I'm lucky, I don't suffer from GMT;)

Very jealous of you, Towny - you'll be staying at Raffles, no doubt, all expenses paid:)

Stuartbe
28-01-2004, 11:03
You lucky git !!! :D

I'm not sure I believe you !! :)

Someone ask the mods/admins to check the ip the post came via !!!

Ramrod
28-01-2004, 11:32

So, hello from the other side of the world, everyone :wavey:Enjoy :)

Jon M
28-01-2004, 12:05
just watch out for the ladies
thats if they even are ladies!! :eek: look out for pronounced adams apples ;)

danielf
28-01-2004, 12:17
The poor man can't even chew a bit of gum, unless for medicinal purposes ;). Enjoy Towny!

paulyoung666
28-01-2004, 12:20
thats if they even are ladies!! :eek: look out for pronounced adams apples ;)

yup ladyboys :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: , a mate of mine said he saw a few when he was out there :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Enterian
28-01-2004, 12:24
I'm actually on my own island in the south pacific!

Julian
28-01-2004, 12:33
Well with the temp. there currently http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/images/5day/obstempc27.gif I guess you won't be contributing to the snow thread on the forum m8. :)

luftys
28-01-2004, 15:25
Lucky you :D but wont your freeze when you get back :rofl: :rofl:

Ramrod
28-01-2004, 15:26
but wont your freeze when you get back :rofl: :rofl:
With any luck :D

Julian
28-01-2004, 15:43
With any luck :D

Cruel but funny. :)

Bex
28-01-2004, 20:38
all you lucky people off in warm countries, my friend is hopefully in the sky now on the way to south africa....

but i loved this evening watching the snow, while being nice and warm, was fantasico :D

Maggy
28-01-2004, 20:46
Shall I save you a snowball towny?

Incog

Chris
29-01-2004, 06:01
Hello all ... I really am here! Here's a photo I just took ... can't get outside to find some interesting landmarks because it's monsoon season and has been raining buckets all morning. It's only just started to ease off!

A snowball would be very nice Coggy, thank you! It's so humid here ... much worse than the heat. Still, I'm having an interesting experience.

Not staying at Raffles Gaz ... I work in the hotel industry so I'm staying with the 'family'. It is 5* tho' ... :D ok, ok, I'm going to shut up now!

Xaccers
29-01-2004, 06:03
A snowball would be very nice Coggy, thank you! It's so humid here ... much worse than the heat. Still, I'm having an interesting experience.
!

Nyah! see? If you were really jammy you'd have snow too :p

Anyway, I'm sure that pic is actually Swansea :D

Chris
29-01-2004, 06:06
Nyah! see? If you were really jammy you'd have snow too :p

Anyway, I'm sure that pic is actually Swansea :D
:rofl:

Now that would be surreal ... actually I expected someone to accuse me of photoshopping myself onto the picture.

So what are you doing up at 5am? It's just gone one here and I'm about to have lunch!

Xaccers
29-01-2004, 06:17
:rofl:

Now that would be surreal ... actually I expected someone to accuse me of photoshopping myself onto the picture.

So what are you doing up at 5am? It's just gone one here and I'm about to have lunch!

I'm off shift at the moment, so I can sleep later today :)

Watching equilibrium on TV, it's better than I expected.

Are you there for business or pleasure?
And what is this interesting experience you're having? Not ladyboys is it?

Chris
29-01-2004, 06:21
I'm off shift at the moment, so I can sleep later today :)

Watching equilibrium on TV, it's better than I expected.

Are you there for business or pleasure?
And what is this interesting experience you're having? Not ladyboys is it?
I haven't seen any ladyboys!!! Well not as far as I know anyway. :disturbd:

It's a business trip. Our new intranet was developed in-house and I was one of the designers. Now it's being rolled out it turns out I'm the de facto expert on the content management system. :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd: So, they packed me off to Miami the other week to train up the Americas area office, and Singapore this week to do the same for Asia Pacific. Europe/Africa and UK/Ireland departments are at our head office, so I don't get to do any exotic travelling for them, just a trip down to the 1st floor.

Xaccers
29-01-2004, 06:25
I haven't seen any ladyboys!!! Well not as far as I know anyway. :disturbd:

It's a business trip. Our new intranet was developed in-house and I was one of the designers. Now it's being rolled out it turns out I'm the de facto expert on the content management system. :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd: So, they packed me off to Miami the other week to train up the Americas area office, and Singapore this week to do the same for Asia Pacific. Europe/Africa and UK/Ireland departments are at our head office, so I don't get to do any exotic travelling for them, just a trip down to the 1st floor.

And to think the only place I've been sent on a business trip is Dublin (trying hard not to be jealous of you) :p

Chris
29-01-2004, 06:34
And to think the only place I've been sent on a business trip is Dublin (trying hard not to be jealous of you) :p
Problem is, each night I'm sleeping in a kingsize hotel bed all by myself while my lovely wife and son are thousands of miles away. The location is exotic, but it's hard to enjoy it when the very people I want to enjoy it with aren't here. Right now I'd gladly swap this office in Singapore for my front room in Hemel Hempstead.

Good grief, did I really just say that? I used to be such an adventurer ... must be turning into an old married. :)

homealone
29-01-2004, 09:09
Problem is, each night I'm sleeping in a kingsize hotel bed all by myself while my lovely wife and son are thousands of miles away. The location is exotic, but it's hard to enjoy it when the very people I want to enjoy it with aren't here. Right now I'd gladly swap this office in Singapore for my front room in Hemel Hempstead.

Good grief, did I really just say that? I used to be such an adventurer ... must be turning into an old married. :)

nah, the globetrotting, 'footloose & fancy free' lifestyle sounds good, but in reality is a lonely place. Once the airports & hotels start blending in to each other, it ceases to be a novelty and becomes a chore. OK, if you get to see some of the sights & culture of where you are it's an experience, but inevitably that is subsumed into the tedium of schedules & meetings & obligations & you don't see half as much as you'd like.

Enjoy what you can, Towny and we will look forward to your return to 'good old Blighty'. :)

agentsmith
29-01-2004, 09:35
Hello all ... I really am here! Here's a photo I just took ... can't get outside to find some interesting landmarks because it's monsoon season and has been raining buckets all morning. It's only just started to ease off!

Not staying at Raffles Gaz ... I work in the hotel industry so I'm staying with the 'family'. It is 5* tho' ... :D ok, ok, I'm going to shut up now!

nice skyline there, Towny :)

shame about that ladyboy getting in the way :eek:

:naughty: :D

gary_580
29-01-2004, 10:22

Jet lag never affecst me when flying back from countries to the east of ours. Done it several times and never had any effect, all i do is force my self to stay up until normal bead time. But flying home from the States its a nightmare for me, every time the jet lag kills me because u usually lose a nights sleep.

TigaSefi
29-01-2004, 10:24
bah I wanna go to the Far East. My mum and dad went to Boracay Island and Hong Kong and Phillipines last year.. grrrrrrr

SMHarman
29-01-2004, 12:13
Jet lag never affecst me when flying back from countries to the east of ours. Done it several times and never had any effect, all i do is force my self to stay up until normal bead time. But flying home from the States its a nightmare for me, every time the jet lag kills me because u usually lose a nights sleep.

Flying from JFK or SFO to LHR is the same as flying from LHR to SIN, so you'd be in the same situation. It's because our bodies find it easier to stay up late occasionally than get up real early.

JetLag should at most take a day a time zone to catch up, that a lot of days if you fly to Oz.

SMHarman
29-01-2004, 12:16
nah, the globetrotting, 'footloose & fancy free' lifestyle sounds good, but in reality is a lonely place. Once the airports & hotels start blending in to each other, it ceases to be a novelty and becomes a chore. OK, if you get to see some of the sights & culture of where you are it's an experience, but inevitably that is subsumed into the tedium of schedules & meetings & obligations & you don't see half as much as you'd like.

Enjoy what you can, Towny and we will look forward to your return to 'good old Blighty'. :)

And then when you get home you don't have anyone you shared the experience with to talk about it too.

Chris
30-01-2004, 04:31
And then when you get home you don't have anyone you shared the experience with to talk about it too.
sigh ... very true, sadly.

Still, I've seen another part of the world and I get to go home in the morning!

Spent some time fiddling with my digi camera last night and got quite a nice long-exposure shot out of my hotel bedroom window:

Xaccers
30-01-2004, 04:46

Spent some time fiddling with my digi camera last night and got quite a nice long-exposure shot out of my hotel bedroom window:

I'm sure that's swansea by night :D

Have a safe trip home Towny, and don't forget my pressent!

SMHarman
30-01-2004, 10:19

Still save the Frequent Flier miles and Mrs Towny and you can get there for free (or take a nice upgrade to Business - far better value if you want any FF advice just ask) some time in the future.

I must admit I thought you were back when I saw the location!

luftys
30-01-2004, 11:27
I'm sure that's swansea by night :D
Looks to nice to be Swansea :rofl: