PDA

View Full Version : Adding an extra email account

susan.evans6
27-01-2004, 20:32
I have done this before, added an extra email account in Outlook Express, but cannot do it any more, has anyone else had this problem recently?:mad: :mad:

paulyoung666
27-01-2004, 20:34
I have done this before, added an extra email account in Outlook Express, but cannot do it any more, has anyone else had this problem recently?:mad: :mad:

hi and :welcome: , you want tools , accounts , mail , add mail account or am i missing the point :confused:

DrAwesome
27-01-2004, 20:39

Can you give us abit more info please

susan.evans6
27-01-2004, 20:39
hi and :welcome: , you want tools , accounts , mail , add mail account or am i missing the point :confused:
I know what you are saying, but the last 2 times I did it, and used different names before @ntlworld.com, but now it doesnt work, or maybe I am missing the point? Please help me.:wavey:

susan.evans6
27-01-2004, 20:42
What info do you want DrAwesome?

Alan Waddington
27-01-2004, 20:44
Don't forget to create your additional emails at
https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi-bin/xtrmail

Then create the matching account in outlook express

Tricky
27-01-2004, 20:46
You should have the following in OL Express:
From the main screen: Tools, Accounts, Mail
Add -> Mail
Enter your Display name
Enter your Email Address
Incoming mail server is pop.ntlworld.com
Outgoing mail server is smtp.ntlworld.com
Enter your account name (as created on NTLWORLD.COM)
Enter your password (as created on NTLWORLD.com)
Select if you want to remember password or not
Click finish

If that doesn't work check you can get to your mail via ntlworld.com webmail site
Also check the properties of the mail you set up to ensure that "Include this account when rec or sync" is set correctly

Tricky
27-01-2004, 20:47
What info do you want DrAwesome?

Error messages/whats happening not happening?

susan.evans6
27-01-2004, 20:50
I just want to put in an extra name, sounds simple, but nothing is accepted,

Paul
27-01-2004, 20:52
I seem to vaguely remember OE has a limit of 10 accounts (all types ?). maybe this is the problem ? or maybe my memory is just playing tricks ....

susan.evans6
27-01-2004, 20:53
I only have 3 accounts, cant be that.

Alan Waddington
27-01-2004, 21:32
Just a thought and i'm not sure this is the solution. Make sure each account is called something different when you enter the new ones. I'm not sure whether Outlook can cope with several with the same account name.

I could be talking rubbish :)

Mark W
27-01-2004, 21:36
nah, outlook will just add a (1) and the (2) etc etc after each sucessive one of the same name i think.

what error messages do you get by the way?