PDA

View Full Version : Webspace Problem - No Longer Connects!

jamie.benning
26-01-2004, 16:13
I have been uploading files to my webspace for a week or so now.

However, when I tried today (lots of times!) neither of my FTP programs could connect. I even tried my old account that's still in existence at my parents place and that didn't work either.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Thanks
Jamei

rdhw
26-01-2004, 16:35
when I tried today (lots of times!) neither of my FTP programs could connect.Is it possible for you to post a transcript of the FTP session protocol that will show the nature of the error encountered?

paulyoung666
26-01-2004, 16:40
can you get in using internet explorer ????????????????? :)

nearly forgot , :welcome: to the site btw :D :D :D :D

jamie.benning
26-01-2004, 16:43
[1/26/04 4:38:57 PM] Start of synchronization
[1/26/04 4:38:57 PM] Connect
[1/26/04 4:42:56 PM] Error: Can't connect (-3180)
[1/26/04 4:43:08 PM] Synchronization failed
[1/26/04 4:43:08 PM] End of synchronization

My other FTP software reports error 'no - 3212'.

jamie.benning
26-01-2004, 16:45
Oh yeah, I can visit the site in all my browsers- Safari, Netscape, Camino, Explorer - using Mac OSX btw. I just can't connect to with FTP to upload or download.

rdhw
26-01-2004, 18:08
I can visit the site in all my browsers- Safari, Netscape, Camino, Explorer. I just can't connect to with FTP to upload or download.Can you ensure that you are using the address upload.ntlworld.com when attempting to connect with FTP? By the way, one can connect to upload.ntlworld.com only from the NTL network, not from outside.

paulyoung666
26-01-2004, 18:10
Oh yeah, I can visit the site in all my browsers- Safari, Netscape, Camino, Explorer - using Mac OSX btw. I just can't connect to with FTP to upload or download.

no i meant can you use internet explorer to get to your files on your webspace using upload.ntlworld.com as rdhw posted :)

jamie.benning
26-01-2004, 18:56
I don't really understand how I am to connect to upload.ntlworld.com with Internet explorer Paul.

Rdhw - I am using upload.ntlworld.com from within the NTL network (i.e I am using an NTL cable modem).

Like I said, I have been able to use it for a week and it has simply stopped connecting. Curious.

paulyoung666
26-01-2004, 19:04
I don't really understand how I am to connect to upload.ntlworld.com with Internet explorer Paul.

Rdhw - I am using upload.ntlworld.com from within the NTL network (i.e I am using an NTL cable modem).

Like I said, I have been able to use it for a week and it has simply stopped connecting. Curious.

just browse to upload.ntlworld.com , and when it says blah blah blah , click ok , then right click and choose login as , put in your username and password and see :)

jamie.benning
26-01-2004, 19:13
just browse to upload.ntlworld.com , and when it says blah blah blah , click ok , then right click and choose login as , put in your username and password and see :)

Tried to browse upload.ntlworld.com - no site comes up - and 'Access Denied' appears in a pop up window.

J

threadbare
26-01-2004, 19:52
try ftp://username:password@upload.ntlworld.com in internet explorer

edit: mr happy there is supposed to be a 'colon p...' cant get rid of the blighter!

jamie.benning
26-01-2004, 20:01
try ftp://username:password@upload.ntlworld.com in internet explorer

edit: mr happy there is supposed to be a 'colon p...' cant get rid of the blighter!

It brings up the Dialog box in Safari asking for username and password, which I enter. Then nothing happens.

Explorer doesn't bring up the dialog box, neither does Netscape.

Remember I am using a Mac here. It has been fine just using my FTP program! Grr

threadbare
26-01-2004, 20:04
It brings up the Dialog box in Safari asking for username and password, which I enter. Then nothing happens.

Explorer doesn't bring up the dialog box, neither does Netscape.

Remember I am using a Mac here. It has been fine just using my FTP program! Grr I would give TS a call then - they may have a problem with webspace.

not sure if ie on the mac supports ftp uploading or not - no reason why it shouldnt

schiller
26-01-2004, 21:50
There have been a couple of ftp hickups but not many.

PM your user.name and i can chk if you like. (at work till 10:30 tonight)

Mike.

jamie.benning
27-01-2004, 09:07
There have been a couple of ftp hickups but not many.

PM your user.name and i can chk if you like. (at work till 10:30 tonight)

Mike.

Mike,

Well its working again today. If its anything to do with you, thanks! If not, thanks anyway!

Cheers
Jamie :) :)

schiller
27-01-2004, 15:33
Nothing to do with me, sorry.

Glad its working though :)