PDA

View Full Version : Itemised telephone bill

Rillington
25-01-2004, 22:37
Probably an old chesnut but I'm new here and this is the first ntl-specific site I have ever used so here goes.

I am with BT and get a fully itemised telephone bill each month as part of the line rental. However, I understand that ntl charge for a telephone bill and especially for an itemised bill.

Three questions. One - what do they charge for? Two how can you get access to a list of all the numbers you have dialled/calls made without incurring a charge and Three why do they charge for an itemised telephone bill?

Also, what are other people's thoughts on this issue? I have my cynical thoughts for this but won't say what they are right now!

Tricky
25-01-2004, 22:42
AFAIK - They charge £1 per month, they'll call this an Admin charge (I.e. just because they can charge and you want it so they charge) Not sure you can for the 2 question.

Julian
25-01-2004, 22:42
1) £1.00

2) It is possible to get a list, as I have on one or two occasions - you have to call cs. :)

3) To cover the cost of producing the bill I guess. :shrug: :)

Derek
25-01-2004, 22:56
In my region a fully itemised bill is £1.00 a month.

Normally all calls over 20p are itemised and any others are lumped together at the end. If you need to check a specific number or get a call log report you can check with customer services.

Rillington
27-01-2004, 16:32
Thank you for the answers.

Doresb't ntl have the equivalent of BT's internet bill service where you can check calls etc online?

paulyoung666
27-01-2004, 17:01
ntl on teesside dont charge for itemising :confused: , well at least i dont pay for it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mmm
27-01-2004, 17:11
Thank you for the answers.

Doresb't ntl have the equivalent of BT's internet bill service where you can check calls etc online?

If you use onetel landline package via ntl you get fully itemized bills which include the free ones, in a form you can analyze in excel.

Only trouble is that calls take longer to connect, and frequently fail so I'm probably going back to ntl unlimited offpeak soon - cheaper but low quality plus itemized bills not worth the saving!

a4pacific
28-01-2004, 14:42
You can train your family to log all calls on a sheet of paper, I did it once and it was successful !!!

Rillington
28-01-2004, 23:01
That's exactly what I would do, make a note of the number of calls and if it disagreed then I;d be refusing payment.

That said, I'd keep the BT line anyway and just use the ntl line for my internet usage.