PDA

View Full Version : Audio/Video

Steve H
20-01-2004, 20:07
Hi guys.

Anyone help with the following?

I have a number of songs on Audio cassettes, that I would like to transfer to PC and burn to CD's. My new car only has a CD player, so i cant play any of these tapes :( Anyone know how/what I'd need to do this? Would I need a decent sound card, can I get the sound out from a tape player to the sound card and transfer this way?

I also have a Video Camcorder that I would like to transfer the video on them to PC, to store on DVD's. It has the following outputs..

Mini Din (5 pin or so)
Phono output
Jack plug
(I can also take it to Scart)

I belive I need a TV card to do this? Will them outputs above allow me to take it to a TV card? Anyone know of any specific forums that could help me out with this, I've looked everywhere to no avail.

paulyoung666
20-01-2004, 20:11
you could input from a cassette deck to any sound card the only problem is you are likely to suffer from ' power hum ' , i suppose it depends what sort of quality you are after :(

Neil
20-01-2004, 20:12
Most burning software has the facility to remove hissing etc from music transferred from tape/vinyl I think.

*Goes to put thinking cap on*......

[Edit]-this should help:- http://www.nsftools.com/misc/TapeToCD.htm

N.

Steve H
20-01-2004, 20:35
Cheers guys.. Link was good Neil, looks like the Tape To CD is no problem then :)

Anyone know if its possible to use the outputs on the camcorder to record to a CD?

Xaccers
20-01-2004, 20:37
If you've got a video capture/TVin card then you can normally record to mpeg. And there's plenty of programs out there to convert that to sVCD's (easyVCD is a good one)

Steve H
20-01-2004, 21:10
Im willing to buy a TV card, but im not sure if the outputs on the Camcorder will be able to connect to it. Will get the cam back and try and have a read of the manual.

philip.j.fry
20-01-2004, 21:22
Im willing to buy a TV card, but im not sure if the outputs on the Camcorder will be able to connect to it. Will get the cam back and try and have a read of the manual.

If the cam can output to something like a tv, either through normal rf or s-video then just about any tv card should be able to record from it.

Steve H
20-01-2004, 22:02
If the cam can output to something like a tv, either through normal rf or s-video then just about any tv card should be able to record from it.

Cheers matey, thats what I wanted to hear ! :D